Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoodAbuser

WoodAbuser

aka WoodchuckAbuser
Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Idiot with a "power saw"
Me too, but I'd rather have a mini excavator, a mini skid, and a tractor ;).

Nice one kid 🤣 .
I have more stihls than most stihl fan boys :p. The 200 is a great saw, if you get one that actually runs well and doesn't constantly need work done on it. They were factory hotrods, and you know how much work hotrods need; even with all their power/rpm, the 201 will take a 200's lunch money. But don't tell the 200 only guys that or their hair will light on fire 🔥. I don't mind stihls, as long as ergonomics aren't an issue when using them, so basically bucking or saws under 13lbs. I have an ms192 rear handle, ms200 top handle, ms201 rear handle, and recently bought a ported 241. I wish husky had better offerings under 50cc, while I like the 540t, they are much harder to find and harder yet to find at a good price, so the 200/201 works better in that class. I have the modded 242xp, but it has a front tensioner so I'm not as apt to grab if on jobs. I also have a ported ms261c, but I run one of my late model 550mk1's for limbing and smaller falling, nothing handles as well as a 550mk1. For 60s I have a few, but rarely run them, and wouldn't have bought the 562 if it hadn't been ported, even at that unless I was falling a bunch of smaller trees I'd probably just use the ported 365 or a modded 372 as they have more power (but the 562 will most likely get a little better fuel economy so I'd use that falling/ limbing smaller trees). Still waiting to try an ms400 to see if it has a place in the arsenal. Then the ported 7900 comes out for anything bigger, larger than that I'd just call friends with bigger saws or if it was a job I may buy something and then sell it when I was done.
As I've said many times in the past, hand me a saw full of fluids with a sharp chain, and let's cut. But for handling and looks, husky wins hands down, but it seems every manufacturer has at least a few good model's, heck I even have an echo 😆.
Is that a barn your working on in the picture, if so, can I see a better picture of it please Brett? Im going to draw up a set of plans for a building permit to build an equipment barn/dry storage. Then submit it to the Kodiak Island Borough or as we say on the Island here. "Kodiak Island Mafia."🤣🤣

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
Is that a barn your working on in the picture, if so, can I see a better picture of it please Brett? Im going to draw up a set of plans for a building permit to build an equipment barn/dry storage. Then submit it to the Kodiak Island Borough or as we say on the Island here. "Kodiak Island Mafia."🤣🤣
What ever size you decide on, add 20-30 feet to all sides/ends. :innocent: You'll thank me later. :laugh:

Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Idiot with a "power saw"
First snake I saw on my property and I had a close call with it. I was walking toward the outside corner of my barn and he was on the other side heading my way. We both hit the corner at the same time and I had to misstep to keep from stepping on him, lost my balance and fell down.
The only handgun I owned at the time was a Ruger Security Six that I bought used in the 70's. Shot around 15 foot away in a kneeling position with full wadcutter ammo while he was going through some tall brush. Lucky shot I think? Big sucker, 5' long and almost thick as a beverage can in the middle.

View attachment 1053914

View attachment 1053915

View attachment 1053916

View attachment 1053917
I'll deal with bear over venomous snakes any day of my life!!!
IMG_20220506_134203667_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230201_012031558.jpg

You want to see me scream like a little girl and run up a tree as fast as greased lightning with no hands???
Show me a venomous snake!!!☠
Also, my squaw grabbing a #8 cast skillet with the intent to wing a 99mph heater at me has the same affect!!!☠️

WoodAbuser

WoodAbuser

aka WoodchuckAbuser
I'll deal with bear over venomous snakes any day of my life!!!
View attachment 1054034
View attachment 1054033

You want to see me scream like a little girl and run up a tree as fast as greased lightning with no hands???
Show me a venomous snake!!!☠
Also, my squaw grabbing a #8 cast skillet with the intent to wing a 99mph heater at me has the same affect!!!☠️
That bear has no manners. Climbing on the furniture like that.

SS396driver
As seen posted in a local store. I wasn't sure if this belonged in this thread or the WTF thread... Makes me rethink the roughly 16-20 cords I've given away in recent years!
View attachment 1054014
Must be the guy in Accord on 209 . Thinks he has gold but he does sell it

Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Idiot with a "power saw"
In folks minds... 100s if not 1000s are murdered every year mistaken for copperheads!
I don't mind non venoms snakes and I don't kill either venomous or no venomous snakes. I just have a bad fobia of venomous spiders and snakes! We have neither in AK. However, I've definitely seen my share of both living down south while in the Service!

Latest posts