Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should attest to the accuracy of mine. Tree rat made the fatal mistake of perching on top of my target board while checking the sights last year before moose season. Fired the one shot at 100 yards and figured the sights were still good.

View attachment 1055088
I love accurate. Look at the center of his pupil, not the red spot in the corner.
hZZ9WwS.jpg

Those big cartridges have too much recoil for me, besides I've never hunted or killed anything more dangerous than a brown bear, so a properly loaded 30-06 is all I ever needed.

SR
Didn't you have not one but 2 338-06's built??? Also, doesn't your favorite drilling have an 8mm underneath? I'm confused!

Not that a 30-06 won't get the job done ... but ...

IMO, any gun that you can shoot well that has sufficient power and a good bullet is what you should use, and I won't tell other folks what they should use and they won't tell me what I should use.

Often a fast / fragile bullet (like a 270 with a 130 grain factory load) will shock and ruin more meat than larger/slower/harder/more powerful bullets.

Those big cartridges have too much recoil for me, besides I've never hunted or killed anything more dangerous than a brown bear, so a properly loaded 30-06 is all I ever needed.

SR
Im a big dude and I like big guns. One of my favorites is my 458 win mag.

Well, the 365 kind of runs good. I got it tuned, and it runs good, but the stupid little white plastic piece on the carb that holds the end of the throttle cable keeps popping off, so now I need to see if I can find one of those. I thought I had a chinese 372 carb out in the shed I was going to pull that part off of but can not find it anywhere.

I never do **** like that, lol

Well, ok...maybe only once...a day...
Ya I have to admit to running a fuel line in a block head sort of way on a poulan 4000 a while back. It ran way better once I unpinched it from under the cover!!

My son sent me this . I bought it for him for a Christmas present . Guess he needs to put in a warranty claimView attachment 1055100
I've used/abused this one for weeks and I love it. Easy to swing and spilts the wood easly and the handle is solid and tough.20230123_191417.jpg

One cylinder pushes it one way the other cylinder pushes it the other way. Just treat the 2 single acting cylinders like one double acting cylinder. That hitch looks like it would be great. We still had to line up holes and get pins in place. Major pain in the but.

So the fluid just comes back out the hose when the other cylinder is extending? are there valves to allow that?

It includes a big receiver type hitch with a plate on the end and chains hanging from it. I see that attaches to the lift cylinder on the truck mount, so I won’t need it.

It also has a steel strip in place of the rubber strip, I’ll have to switch it.

And at least one cylinder leaks.

Didn't you have not one but 2 338-06's built??? Also, doesn't your favorite drilling have an 8mm underneath? I'm confused!
Yes, more than two .338-06's actually, and a 30-06 loaded with 200NP's outperforms the 8x57 no matter how it's loaded.

As for big cartridges, I've owned and tested many, including a 458 Win. mag. that's how I came to the conclusion of the answer in my last post.

Does that help your confusion any? lol

SR

Well, now I'm highly confused. Working on the 365 special still here.

I ended up ordering another cheap chinese carb off of amazon that came with all the fittings because it was cheaper then buying just the throttle lever piece and having it shipped.

Anyway, The carb on this saw has the impulse line on top of the carb, same as my 372 X-torq. It also has the choke lever sitting further back like the X-torq does, however, the compression relief on the xtorq saw is on the top of the jug, and this 365 has it on the side like my standard 372 does, but the carb on the standard 372 has the impulse line on the side of the carb, same as all the 372 carbs I'm seeing online.

Anyone have any ideas here?

I've used/abused this one for weeks and I love it. Easy to swing and spilts the wood easly and the handle is solid and tough.View attachment 1055133
My x27 is about 10 years old . Got a slight crack in the handle at the grip area no real performance issue but they sent me a new one

I have never seen one do this myself but I guess if you off strike hard enough .
I’m wondering if the temps had something to do with the failure . The axe was in his shed at about -7 below . He needed to split a couple of rounds as he doesn’t use his insert all that much .

My x27 is about 10 years old . Got a slight crack in the handle at the grip area no real performance issue but they sent me a new one
I looked at one and swung it a few times and it was too heavy for me and the handle was too long for me.

Up at camp last night, depending on which thermometer you looked at it varied how negative it was. At 7am I started my truck to make sure it would start. Thermometer said -18. The little thermometer has been up there FOREVER and at 10am it was still -10

Our quads and SxS hated us this morning

The SxS was the newest and the worst to get started. Had to make a tent out of a tarp and stick a generator inside with the exhaust aimed at the engine.

Thank God Uncle Mustang put in the insulation. First time I was up there when it was that cold and it didn’t require me to run the stove full throttle and have to fill it multiple times. It was a sauna on the second floor

44F81600-8C6E-487F-9355-5BB57C30165C.jpegE2227F9D-7A74-4786-BA7E-30169B691E35.jpeg49D73B31-DBD4-4F5E-AE8A-D5D2C8CDDC15.jpegD5D66EC2-6ED7-4AE0-B714-CB26A56C412F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back