Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I posted this, the trees the Kubota pushed over on Wed morning.
I just imagine what I could have done with a skid :laugh: . Funny, the Amish guy we by chicken feed from has a nice one, he had his neighbor mount a camera on the back of it, lots of kids running around. He uses it for unloading skids of feed/fertilizer, said the first one they brought over wouldn't do 2k, but this one did great although it's still a little light in the rear with a full pallet.
20230215_100627.jpg
Also had a Barberchair 😅.
Saw this and thought, you're not loaded til you're overloaded, like to see the tracks to go over these guys 🤣.
You can see a larger red oak that will need to be removed, mainly to reduce the debris going into the pond, but iirc it's right at the topnof where I'm picturing the water level being.
20230215_095028.jpg

No pictures as the sun isn't up yet, and when it is I'll be gone, but my pond is full of snow now. I guess false spring is over now.
Hope to get these limbed and diced up this weekend and a few new ones down too, we'll see how it goes. Supposedly it's gonna be in the teens, and I ain't not crab fisherman, so....

Is that all factory suspension?
Yup . Rear has the slapped type overload on the bottom of the spring pack it also has one on the top that contacts a large rubber stop when it’s loaded to capacity . Front I believe has two extra springs also for the plow package and the Cummins engine

I'd love to own that rifle, but I really wouldn't want to shoot it. My 250 Savage has turned me into a sissy. But, on the other hand, since there is little recoil, it's easy to shoot stuff in the eye. My idea of a Black bear gun was my 1895 Winchester in 35 Winchester. 250 grain slug at 2300 FPS. It was a thumper.
hello - was wondering other day whilst working my tail off... are they done yet with the bear thread within the f. wood thread?... was up and down the ladder so much, almost felt a bit...
zzzzxbp.JPG

i hear tell the cost of the rocket was $95,000.00! :surprised3:

View attachment 1055559
1676646357571.png

i haven't seen too much of the newsfeeds of late. heard a bit about this and that... one flash did catch my attention was the issue of some balloons flying freely all abouts up, up... there, up in the sky! and no action!! however, the pvt balloons... not spy balloons, but sky ballons... mission: sample humiidity at 20,000' MSL.... and bam! pop! down they come one after another. the dangerous ones of national treats... they are called 'spy balloons'... and the innocent legits well, they just want to call them objects... and as one man said recently... 'yes! as a matter of fact... i do want to object!'
zzzzxim.JPG

Yup . Rear has the slapped type overload on the bottom of the spring pack it also has one on the top that contacts a large rubber stop when it’s loaded to capacity . Front I believe has two extra springs also for the plow package and the Cummins engine
Just snapped a picture DE541E03-D222-4ABF-925A-5385B3830C10.jpeg

Not sure I posted this, the trees the Kubota pushed over on Wed morning.
I just imagine what I could have done with a skid :laugh: . Funny, the Amish guy we by chicken feed from has a nice one, he had his neighbor mount a camera on the back of it, lots of kids running around. He uses it for unloaded skids of feed/fertilizer, said the first one they brought over wouldn't do 2k, but this one did great although it's still a little light in the rear with a full pallet.
View attachment 1058390
Also had a Barberchair 😅.
Saw this and thought, you're not loaded til you're overloaded, like to see the tracks to go over these guys 🤣.
You can see a larger red oak that will need to be removed, mainly to reduce the debris going into the pond, but iirc it's right at the topnof where I'm picturing the water level being.
View attachment 1058391

No pictures as the sun isn't up yet, and when it is I'll be gone, but my pond is full of snow now. I guess false spring is over now.
Hope to get these limbed and diced up this weekend and a few new ones down too, we'll see how it goes. Supposedly it's gonna be in the teens, and I ain't not crab fisherman, so....
If you’d get a Husky instead of buying those junky sthils you could cut those trees instead of having to push them over🤣

Wife’s car(2018 Jeep renegade) wouldn’t start after work, I couldn’t figure it out so had shop look at it, exhaust was full of water, drained over 4 gallons😳. I would have never guessed. Inlet is lower than outlet, no drain hole in muffler, lots of short trips, ethanol fuel, bad combo.

Well worked 1/2 day Tuesday and found out mill caught on fire so not taking any logs for now. Guess it’s back to skiing, sledding, woof hunting, yard tree work, copilot in the mail truck, and trying to keep up on here for now😬

Nice, Any of those three cartridges will work. I don't think you need a Lapua Myself. The .300 loaded with a 200gr A-frame, Nosler P or Barnes TSX or TTSX will do the job just fine providing you make the first one or two count! Your not a resident of AK so you will definitely have a big game gide with you. He should be more than willing to go in to think cover to help finish the job if things were to get ugly. However, I have total confidence you'll do fine. Just don't shoot a bear if hes to close to you and has seen you. If you place a sloppy on accident? (Every hunter has done it at least once in their lives.) And its not a vital or crippling hit? He can come in hot almost instantly! Very hot! Your guide will tell you when to shoot. That's one of many reasons why they are there in the first place. You ever come to Kodiak to hunt Bruin? Give me a heads up before you go. I know a few folks here. 👍😉

I have this taped on my freezer out in the shop. Its a good flash card! 👍
View attachment 1055515
one for the kid! just in other day. now i will have something to read in eve, day's end... while up working on the bunkhouse on those cold, wintery-chilled nights...in front of the fireplace

the QB hollars this morning.... 'did u see the book?' huh, what did u say? 'the book?.... here, i picked this up for u other day! omg. and she had not even told me.... and she hands it to me
zzzzxbr.jpg

one for the kid! just in other day. now i will have something to read in eve, day's end... while up working on the bunkhouse on those cold, wintery-chilled nights...in front of the fireplace

the QB hollars this morning.... 'did u see the book?' huh, what did u say? 'the book?.... here, i picked this up for u other day! omg. and she had not even told me.... and she hands it to me
View attachment 1058456
prob good thing the book showed up!... of late, have had to resort to some other bare books... farm tech about elec fences up on the farm...
zzzzxfr.JPG

No guesses?
The F150 had a larger payload thereby skirting some of the EPA emissions . GM did the same they had the reg C10 and then the Heavy Half series .
Same reason the CI in cars went from under 400 ci to over . The larger displacement had fewer emission requirements.

The F150 had a larger payload thereby skirting some of the EPA emissions . GM did the same they had the reg C10 and then the Heavy Half series .
Same reason the CI in cars went from under 400 ci to over . The larger displacement had fewer emission requirements.
Yup.... in '73 unleaded gasoline was mandated. The F100 required it but due to the higher GVW of the F150 it didn't... The F150, 250, 350, etc. still ran on leaded gas at the time.

I recall we had a '72 Dodge with a 318 but then we got a travel trailer and needed more towing power. The '72 Dodge was traded in on a '73 Plymouth Fury with a 400. That ''73 was a piece of crap... it never ran right. It lacked in power and acceleration considering the displacement... Within a year it had two cracked heads... It was in the shop repeatedly. They tried, but they couldn't overcome the design problems.

Back