Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found one of the ads:

"Carbide Blade we do not use cancer causing oils like CHAIN AND BAR OIL to cut your wood that you burn inside your home or cook with. Remember always buy your firewood by Easter so it’s ready for thanksgiving!!"

I couldn't find a way to capture the video but I did take a screen shot.

View attachment 1071888
It is too bad that unsuspecting people will actually believe assholes like this.

Regarding the nuclear blast proof mail poles:

I totally agree that anyone trying to destroy mailboxes should get what is coming for them. But what happens if someone genuinely goes in the ditch due to a legit cause and dies cause they hit it?

My Ex-FIL had a mail box with a sort of breakaway spinning mechanism. If someone hit it, it would spin but would also catch the vehicle on the backspin

I believe you would be liable here if someone got hurt or worse. I believe a 4x4 wood post is the biggest post allowed.
There are actually federal laws about posts, but it's up to the local Township to enforce. Some do some don't.
US Stoves 1602... solid fuel furnace. Takes a 28" log or a buttload of a coal charge.. Can we get a comparison ? I like mine, yet wish it would last longer on a charge.. Approx 6 hours.. Someone said dis-continued, but I'm claiming stupid on that . If I remember right it was $1,600.00..... Two blowers, draft blower, and controls... Also, it's red which is faster.
Looks like that's pretty close to my 1557m..... they need some revamping to make burn 10+ hours.
Yeah, I guess they did it because they wanted to landscape the hill. I know the original owners didn’t care. I’ve been told by several neighbors they never came outside. That was obvious with the condition of the property when I bought it 6 years ago.

I fully expected this lady to come chain herself to those 5 trees out back that she didn’t want removed. I have no idea why people think they have a say in what you do with your land. Within legal reasoning of course. Maybe she should’ve bought both plots if she wanted to keep the trees.
And that's why I got a permit to put my shop up e en after I found out didn't need a permit to put my shop up. Screw the neighbors

Yeah @sean donato , I quit answering her questions. This lady is nosy as can be. I had originally told her they were coming down for a shed. I know I didn’t need to answer that and probably shouldn’t have but then she wants to know how big of a shed and where am I putting it! Haha, people shock me. I’m not telling her or asking anything from here on out. I’ll get my permit and install my shed, She won’t like it either way. Pretty set on the 14x24 setup with a 10x8 garage door for the tractor. 14 is a good bit more money vs 12 wide but I think the extra width will be nice for having the other machines next to the tractor.

Regarding the nuclear blast proof mail poles:

I totally agree that anyone trying to destroy mailboxes should get what is coming for them. But what happens if someone genuinely goes in the ditch due to a legit cause and dies cause they hit it?

My Ex-FIL had a mail box with a sort of breakaway spinning mechanism. If someone hit it, it would spin but would also catch the vehicle on the backspin
Driving is pretty high on the risk assessment chart.
People have told me I'm crazy because I'm climbing a tree, I say, but you drive down a state highway texting while others going the opposite way are doing the same; pretty sure I'm gonna hit the ground a slower speed :drinkingcoffee:. It's all about perspective.

Crazy about the property lines up there. Ours are kinda wacky in the area, and at our house too. When we first were looking at the place the neighbor told me that the main driveway was on his property and wasn't included with the house(it is), I asked what he was going to do, he said put up a fence, so I said, just tear up the drive to our 30x40 concrete pad and then put up a fence, he says, no ill just put a fence over the drive. I said, well if I win the bidding just let me know if you need a hand. What an idiot, glad he moved, the new neighbors are great. He was just flexing to keep the bids down I think as he was probably bidding on it too, I bid 3k over the initial asking price, everyone said I was crazy(seems I get told that a lot). Now it's worth over 4 times the amount we paid(not including the pole barn) and that was just 13yrs ago, little above the 8% annual gain average over 25yrs, and our taxes are a lot lower than they could be. I like investing ;).

Sorry, but I just gotta ask. Why the bad a** pieces of equipment like a skidsteer to log it and a quad to tow it, but a an electric shaver to cut it and shopping cart to haul it? 🤣🤣😉👍
@Kodiak Kid
None of this was "logged". It is all deadfall or right of way trimming on my own property. The electric shaver is really nice for "stealth firewooding" or if I only have 30 min to get a load in before I have to go somewhere, no messing with mix (I invariably spill some on me), or 2 stroke perfume. The shopping cart I've had for probably 30 years and works great for lots of stuff. I have the skidloader, a 10k trailer, a F250 flatbed, and a couple (3) gas saws to do the heavy lifting. I see no sense hauling all that out to do a quick gather of 3 small trees that blew over. I know my common sense is putting my man card in jeopardy, but I will take the risk.
Plus, I don't have the appropriate KK chaps for the manly type of logging...;):chainsaw:

All kidding aside, I found a niche for this "quick and easy" setup. It gets me out getting wood when I would normally say I don't have enough time to get a load in, like on a Sunday morning before all the kids come home for brunch.

Yeah @sean donato , I quit answering her questions. This lady is nosy as can be. I had originally told her they were coming down for a shed. I know I didn’t need to answer that and probably shouldn’t have but then she wants to know how big of a shed and where am I putting it! Haha, people shock me. I’m not telling her or asking anything from here on out. I’ll get my permit and install my shed, She won’t like it either way. Pretty set on the 14x24 setup with a 10x8 garage door for the tractor. 14 is a good bit more money vs 12 wide but I think the extra width will be nice for having the other machines next to the tractor.
16 or 20' ceiling? 😁

HELLP!!!
Anyone live near Kahoka, MO? I bid on a pile of 250 Savage brass and got it cheap. Just looked at my invoice and now I see why it sold cheap. NO SHIPPING. If some one could pick it up for me I'll hook you up some way. It's at 375 South Johnson, Kahoka, MO. I'm going to pay for it today. If no one can get it for me, I'll see if they will resell it for me. Thanks Joe.
Opposite corner of Mo from me, sorry.

Latest posts

Back