Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ll finally got enough stamina to do something after the pneumonia. Only a month later . Decided to work on my AMX got the heads cleaned for the new gaskets started putting it together and the manifold bolts are too long :omg: So much for ARP knowing they’re crap . But here’s a new picture of the car it hasn’t moved in10 years . Brakes are next going with Wilwood 4 wheel disc. Also going from 2 4bl to a single 650 1F63DED8-258B-4B37-A49E-8C7A5882790E.jpegF4713371-960F-49A9-9921-6B99F38FE7B2.jpeg4F20BE8F-875F-427C-8762-4F94DDB146A4.jpeg14B482D6-08BB-4824-99EB-0BE3C1F7E7B8.jpegI’ll be hitting the speed shop on my way home .this car and the Chevelle are at my rental . The motor on the stand is a worked 390 looking for a nice Gremlin to put it inDD182078-9CD7-4F6C-B31F-8B5EB940D909.jpeg

We’ll finally got enough stamina to do something after the pneumonia. Only a month later . Decided to work on my AMX got the heads cleaned for the new gaskets started putting it together and the manifold bolts are too long :omg: So much for ARP knowing they’re crap . But here’s a new picture of the car it hasn’t moved in10 years . Brakes are next going with Wilwood 4 wheel disc. Also going from 2 4bl to a single 650 View attachment 1071992View attachment 1071995View attachment 1071994View attachment 1071993I’ll be hitting the speed shop on my way home .this car and the Chevelle are at my rental . The motor on the stand is a worked 390 looking for a nice Gremlin to put it inView attachment 1071996
Nice rental cars. :yes:

We’ll finally got enough stamina to do something after the pneumonia. Only a month later . Decided to work on my AMX got the heads cleaned for the new gaskets started putting it together and the manifold bolts are too long :omg: So much for ARP knowing they’re crap . But here’s a new picture of the car it hasn’t moved in10 years . Brakes are next going with Wilwood 4 wheel disc. Also going from 2 4bl to a single 650 View attachment 1071992View attachment 1071995View attachment 1071994View attachment 1071993I’ll be hitting the speed shop on my way home .this car and the Chevelle are at my rental . The motor on the stand is a worked 390 looking for a nice Gremlin to put it inView attachment 1071996
You know I am a fellow GM guy too....looking at that front mounted distributor on the AMC makes me wonder why GM engineers were stupid enough to put the distributor on the back of both our big and small block motors.

You know I am a fellow GM guy too....looking at that front mounted distributor on the AMC makes me wonder why GM engineers were stupid enough to put the distributor on the back of both our big and small block motors.
Just guessing but it probably was a cost consideration. Chevy didn't have to design a fancy cast aluminum timing cover. Also, the oil pump could be mounted in the rear sump of the pan so there was no need for a long pickup tube or the hassle of a front sump which allows for mounting the engine lower and further back.

That's bas a**!

@Kodiak Kid
None of this was "logged". It is all deadfall or right of way trimming on my own property. The electric shaver is really nice for "stealth firewooding" or if I only have 30 min to get a load in before I have to go somewhere, no messing with mix (I invariably spill some on me), or 2 stroke perfume. The shopping cart I've had for probably 30 years and works great for lots of stuff. I have the skidloader, a 10k trailer, a F250 flatbed, and a couple (3) gas saws to do the heavy lifting. I see no sense hauling all that out to do a quick gather of 3 small trees that blew over. I know my common sense is putting my man card in jeopardy, but I will take the risk.
Plus, I don't have the appropriate KK chaps for the manly type of logging...;):chainsaw:

All kidding aside, I found a niche for this "quick and easy" setup. It gets me out getting wood when I would normally say I don't have enough time to get a load in, like on a Sunday morning before all the kids come home for brunch.
I was just tak'n the pi** out of ya bud.
I'm a big jokester and the probably looked at as the threads jester. I mean hey! I totally get it. I accept that!🤷

I was just tak'n the pi** out of ya bud.
I'm a jokester and the probably looked at as the threads jester. I mean hey! I totally get it. I accept that!🤷
No worries, I knew you were just razzin me. That's why I mentioned the chaps and also why I said all kidding aside. Besides, I'm too oblivious to be offended... ;)
If ya can't joke around you might as well give it up!

Latest posts

Back