Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol!

In 2017 it was mid May before the truck could get in to deliver my loader, that’s when the snow was finally gone. They wouldn’t use the other route because it was too narrow and windy.

If it makes you feel better, I have at least 10 feet at my cabin. Middle of July is when I anticipate getting in.

You guys talking about the snow, this is my house currently (in the last 24 hours) up here in the U.P. I'm wanting to get a truckload of logs delivered, but it looks like it's going to be a while before my processing area is dry enough for a truck to be able to drive on it without getting stuck.

I'm also looking around for a place to pick up about 30 IBC totes for cheap. Some places around me are asking 75.00-100.00 per for them. Crazy.

4-4-3.jpg
4-4-4.jpg
4-4-5.jpg
4-4-6.jpg
4-4-7.jpg

You guys talking about the snow, this is my house currently (in the last 24 hours) up here in the U.P. I'm wanting to get a truckload of logs delivered, but it looks like it's going to be a while before my processing area is dry enough for a truck to be able to drive on it without getting stuck.

I'm also looking around for a place to pick up about 30 IBC totes for cheap. Some places around me are asking 75.00-100.00 per for them. Crazy.

View attachment 1072345
View attachment 1072346
View attachment 1072347
View attachment 1072348
View attachment 1072349
At least clean off the deck for that poor dog. :innocent:

Went for ride . Fixed the problem with the electrical on the Yamaha . Ended up being a bad battery . The battery when on the bench was 12.7 hooked up it went to zero . Traced it to the positive terminal . Must be disconnecting inside the battery when you torque the lead . New battery it works fine and is charging at 13.7 volts at idle little over 14 at speed .

It’s also 72 degrees here today

Went for ride . Fixed the problem with the electrical on the Yamaha . Ended up being a bad battery . The battery when on the bench was 12.7 hooked up it went to zero . Traced it to the positive terminal . Must be disconnecting inside the battery when you torque the lead . New battery it works fine and is charging at 13.7 volts at idle little over 14 at speed .

It’s also 72 degrees here today
72°.....um........u suck! :laughing:

If it makes you feel better, I have at least 10 feet at my cabin. Middle of July is when I anticipate getting in.

I walk through and scout a 4WD trail that’s 8-10 thousand feet elevation. The last big snow year was 2011, it didn’t open until August 16th that year. Could be later this year.

Latest posts

Back