Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gzzz - only 35 pages down now.... :nofunny:

been busy of late. is it still ok to mention scrounges as in 'other things' ?
busy day yesterday!!! i am caught up in a Super Scrounge!!! 🤩
:blob2:
my immediate area. yesterday gathered from morning til dusk. on today's agenda, now need to sort out my many prizes... and plan a plan to get to my place. most WB deliverable. more today. some gems include: craftsman 10" table saw on stand. 1/2" elec impact still in case. all but NIB Bosch jig saw. rear axle bearing puller, large slide hammer type all but still NIB! more NIB .177 air pellets and targets than i ever seen, even online! ;) a brand new NIB type 3 slide 18' fg ladder. never used! a NIB 72-pce tap n die set metric/sae... ! the list is all but endless, or so it seems to me. plenty jugs of new oils... engine, etc. 2 stroke/4 stroke... and even a near full qt of bar lube!!! 😋

a shot from the hip would peg Replacement Costs in the $5,000.00 range... +/- !! :)

maybe i can get a pix or two...

I'm sawing like mad right now boys. A tornado can sure make a saw man busy. Sorry if I miss something. No way I can keep up with this hopping page right now!!! Go scrounge thread!!!!
Be safe! Too many guys get hurt by the twisted storm damage tornadoes create.

As I posted before I was having a problem with the seat skins not lining up. After a month of phone calls and e-mails it’s come to amicable resolution. They no longer make the seat cover for my truck so they had a third party send me 3 yards of the material free of charge. So now it’s off to the upholstery shop . They also sent me a refund on the seat skin to cover the cost of having it corrected picture of the issue .
This material is extremely had to procure as it was a one year only GM color . Ford used a close color but it’s not correct
57600F40-7D9B-460C-851B-12C9DB97E2FA.jpeg

Thinking back on my life, I put down so much beer, could have bought a brewery! Thank the good lord I cut way back when I retired.
I hear that brother. I’m pretty sure I own a couple bars. Bought them one drink at a time. I too thank the Lord I don’t do that anymore.

I hear that brother. I’m pretty sure I own a couple bars. Bought them one drink at a time. I too thank the Lord I don’t do that anymore.
I'd be in a much different spot financially if I would've saved money instead of spending 1/2 my take home pay at the taverns. I thank God every day for my wife. She gave me a reason to not live that life. I still enjoy a beer or cocktail but not to excess.

3.5 hours today in the willow bush. Didn't think I could still go like that but I'm feeling good. All noodling and loading. Came home with 3/4 load that I will be unloading in a few minutes. Green willow rounds heavy enough I noodled them into quarters.

Spotted the next log I'll tackle. Hope it is as good as this one and then the one behind it, also a blow down is buckskin and probably rotten. Be lots of ?fun? getting that onto a burn pile.

gzzz - only 35 pages down now.... :nofunny:

been busy of late. is it still ok to mention scrounges as in 'other things' ?
busy day yesterday!!! i am caught up in a Super Scrounge!!! 🤩
:blob2:
my immediate area. yesterday gathered from morning til dusk. on today's agenda, now need to sort out my many prizes... and plan a plan to get to my place. most WB deliverable. more today. some gems include: craftsman 10" table saw on stand. 1/2" elec impact still in case. all but NIB Bosch jig saw. rear axle bearing puller, large slide hammer type all but still NIB! more NIB .177 air pellets and targets than i ever seen, even online! ;) a brand new NIB type 3 slide 18' fg ladder. never used! a NIB 72-pce tap n die set metric/sae... ! the list is all but endless, or so it seems to me. plenty jugs of new oils... engine, etc. 2 stroke/4 stroke... and even a near full qt of bar lube!!! 😋

a shot from the hip would peg Replacement Costs in the $5,000.00 range... +/- !! :)

maybe i can get a pix or two...
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

I'd be in a much different spot financially if I would've saved money instead of spending 1/2 my take home pay at the taverns. I thank God every day for my wife. She gave me a reason to not live that life. I still enjoy a beer or cocktail but not to excess.
I liked my beer but I rarely went to a bar . When I started brewing large all grain brews it cost me about 22-30 cents a pint depending on the mash load . I still brew but I don’t drink anymore . Last brew was a chocolate coffee porter beer . It won medals at every brew fest I entered it in . And no there is no chocolate in it just roasted malt . I was brewing a witbier here 20190109_133754 2.jpg
Propagating the yeast for the witbier20200321_102634.jpg
Finished witbier20200331_193444.jpg

I liked my beer but I rarely went to a bar . When I started brewing large all grain brews it cost me about 22-30 cents a pint depending on the mash load . I still brew but I don’t drink anymore . Last brew was a chocolate coffee porter beer . It won medals at every brew fest I entered it in . And no there is no chocolate in it just roasted malt . I was brewing a witbier here View attachment 1072644
Propagating the yeast for the witbierView attachment 1072643
Finished witbierView attachment 1072642
I love a good porter. I've never had a witbier. Is that a wheat beer? Sounds like you can brew a good beer. If you lived closer I'd stop by and try one. :cheers:

My favorite stout is called Cashmere Hammer by 3 Sheeps Brewing. It's a Nitro Stout that's very smooth.

I love a good porter. I've never had a witbier. Is that a wheat beer? Sounds like you can brew a good beer. If you lived closer I'd stop by and try one. :cheers:

My favorite stout is called Cashmere Hammer by 3 Sheeps Brewing. It's a Nitro Stout that's very smooth.
Yes witbier is wheat based and is usually spiced with coriander or orange peel and other spices . Another I have brewed are Saison .

Back