Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have trouble pulling hard enough to get that last compression and that causes lots of pulling before it starts
Those D style handles help out a lot.
I can get you a part number and a link when I'm on my computer if you'd like. I put one on a buddies saw last summer, he couldn't quite get it turning fast enough with the standard handle, that D style one did the trick.

Made some good time today.
View attachment 1073972
Stop taking pictures while you're driving and get some fuel for that beast lol.
What ride is that.
The one I'm driving today says 7.3mpg :).

Here's some pics of a tree I drive by sometimes, this thing is huge, and it already lost a very large limb.

image.jpg20230404_102101.jpg

Looks familiar 😬. Mark brought it up for me to flush cut some big spruce stumps, after a few cuts I realized the 500i was faster and about 15 lbs lighter, lol. I gave it back to him and just used the 500i. Looks like it should run better now.
I hope so. I still need to do a final tune…only 10k WOT at the moment and Hi screw is at about 3/4 out. Book says 11,000 is max (and limited by the coil).
or, my tach sucks :p

Those D style handles help out a lot.
I can get you a part number and a link when I'm on my computer if you'd like. I put one on a buddies saw last summer, he couldn't quite get it turning fast enough with the standard handle, that D style one did the trick.
;Thanks for reminding me of that option. Next shopping day one will come home with me.

Morning y’all been somewhat absent, hope everyone had a good Easter, been dealing with my mums health issues, but will all be there someday, Happy birthday @farmer steve , been doing some axes , little cutting, well carry on , everyone have a great day , yea it’s Monday , where’s El Chapo he El Loco again,Lol

Things looking up with the 400. I have trouble pulling hard enough to get that last compression and that causes lots of pulling before it starts. On my third tank of gas today and it only needed 4 pulls cold and the last two warm starts were 1pull each.

Life goes on and there so does aging. My strength seems to failing a bit and I was eyeballing where I am cutting. I have two buddies we work well together. When I bought the 400, I gave one of them my well used MS362 (bought as a replacement for my old MS310 so it has eaten a lot of trees) as a 'community saw' to be shared. I realized I don't see anything where I am working that will require over a 28" bar and the 400 will handle. No need for the MS441 anyore so I am giving it to the second buddy on same condition. I know he has been looking for a saw in that size range.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3842690139...lx6FfZ4S9a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Some Axe Hafting

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1273.jpeg
    IMG_1273.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1249.jpeg