Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of getting around you been doing.
Even thinking about you, since you left I got back in the semi, I go to Columbus on a normal basis. Are you back in Columbus.
Did you leave a lot of wood at your old place, last I remember there was quite a bit there.
I sold most of the stuff before I left. I left some for the buyer but I bet he didn't burn a single piece. I live in Newark now. I get to Cbus more in the summer for bike nights but not much in the winter. How do you pass through? N to S or E to W? I work at RCD RV in Hebron just north of I-70 on SR79

Did some cutting today but no scrounge yet. Was told I could have it tho. 2-3 rics of hard maple. Was in too big of a hurry for pics. Had a birthday party and mama said don't be late! I cut it real close. Tore up the roller nose on my 32" bar. Not fun at all.

Lee's right @svk . Get down to your local Rotary, lots of successful, upstanding ladies there. Go get some.

(you didn't say anything about age)
I am active in many volunteering organizations, unfortunately, most of the single women there are widows who are older than my parents! I’m all about a cougar, but you have to draw the line somewhere lol

1. It takes two to have a good marriage and it takes two to have a bad marriage, even though one usually is much worse than the other. Anyway, that's what the year or two is for, everyone rebounds after divorce! That's why many have a second divorce! After divorce a person should be focusing on themselves, not on getting a mate!

2. purgatory? They don't know what they want, they aren't in purgatory, it's also called rebounding!! You obviously don't have a crystal ball, if you did you would have used it on the last one!

I don't want anyone who "needs" me, I want them here because they love me! I'm not settling for less than that, and "they shouldn't either".

SR
I know you’re just here to disagree, so here you go.

Yes, it takes two for a marriage to work, but only takes ONE to wreck it, especially if they are a cheater, abuser, narcissist, sociopath, etc. if you’ve ever been in or known someone in a relationship with either of the latter two of these, you’ll understand that there is no winning. They will absolutely refuse to accept blame for anything, and it’s always the other person’s fault. The other person always loses until they walk away. For example, if narcissistic person cheats on their spouse, they will accept no responsibility for the act as the other person’s faults caused them to do it. Yes it’s silly to us normal people but that’s exactly how they operate.

Secondly, I will continue to disagree with you on how long people need before they can enter a good relationship. If someone is a good person, and get away from a bad person there is no hard and fast rule as to how long they need to recover or heal. Often by the time a marriage has broken up, both spouses are already living or ready to live there next life.

Funny that you should throw shade on my last relationship, we made it 21 years. That’s a lot more than many people do.

Yes, it takes two for a marriage to work, but only takes ONE to wreck it, especially if they are a cheater, abuser, narcissist, sociopath, etc. if you’ve ever been in or known someone in a relationship with either of the latter two of these, you’ll understand that there is no winning. They will absolutely refuse to accept blame for anything, and it’s always the other person’s fault. The other person always loses until they walk away. For example, if narcissistic person cheats on their spouse, they will accept no responsibility for the act as the other person’s faults caused them to do it. Yes it’s silly to us normal people but that’s exactly how they operate.

Secondly, I will continue to disagree with you on how long people need before they can enter a good relationship. If someone is a good person, and get away from a bad person there is no hard and fast rule as to how long they need to recover or heal. Often by the time a marriage has broken up, both spouses are already living or ready to live there next life.

Funny that you should throw shade on my last relationship, we made it 21 years. That’s a lot more than many people do.
OK, I agree with you, you are right and I am wrong... Next you tell me that neck sizing is the best way to get accuracy! ha ha ha

SR

I'm always scoping out big trees to take pictures for you guys, here's a "little" doug fir I saw on my ride today. No, that's not a kid's bike lol. This one had a busted out top, so was only 100' tall, but there are some tall firs in this creek. I spied a couple that I'd put at the 200'+ mark on the other side of the creek.
IMG_20230427_153347660_HDR.jpg.11a79e5e2181f6ce89ba60973649b2ab.jpg

I'm always scoping out big trees to take pictures for you guys, here's a "little" doug fir I saw on my ride today. No, that's not a kid's bike lol. This one had a busted out top, so was only 100' tall, but there are some tall firs in this creek. I spied a couple that I'd put at the 200'+ mark on the other side of the creek.
IMG_20230427_153347660_HDR.jpg.11a79e5e2181f6ce89ba60973649b2ab.jpg
Cool! Here's my son near Lolo Pass. The only thing around here that gets that big is the occasional cotton wood.
DSCF2080a.gif

Passed a guy scrounging on the roadside today. He had a trunk full of small rounds and zogger wood and was trying to wrestle in about an eight foot section with a fork in it. All in the trunk of a crown vic 😧. Had to give him an A for effort.

Gotta respect that. I loaded wood in the back of a 1969 Holden Premier (186ci inline 6 cyl) and heated the house that way between 2000 and 2007. Then I got a trailer and the Holden towed wood home until 2016. My grandfather bought it new, passed it down to my parents when I was born in 1975, then I more or less stole it when I left home in 1998. Stihl have it. The starlings can get into the garage and have shat all over it. I should give it a wash and take it out for a spin.

I am active in many volunteering organizations, unfortunately, most of the single women there are widows who are older than my parents! I’m all about a cougar, but you have to draw the line somewhere lol

Yes, well...

I did my post-grad in Austin, TX back in 2001 and my supervisor (Mark) told me about a friend of his in his younger days. The mother of his guy had a friend who had lost her husband (can't remember whether by divorce or death) and needed some things done around the place and could he pop over and help out. OK, he says and he goes over. Anyway, he goes over and does a few things and then she gets suggestive and....

He must have done well because she told some of her friends and then he had a bunch of late-middle age women needing little jobs done about the place, surprisingly when husbands were at work. He said, "They're horrible kissers, but great f******. He offered Mark in on the gig but he declined (so he says).

So don't rule it out!

BTW, KK says hi to you all. He's been busy out bear hunting, so hasn't logged on for awhile. He didn't say if the bears were zig-zagging, what bears look for in a relationship, how they measure tree diameter, or how bears achieve rifle accuracy.
Interesting. Did you see if he had his grease gun with him? :drinkingcoffee:

I sold most of the stuff before I left. I left some for the buyer but I bet he didn't burn a single piece. I live in Newark now. I get to Cbus more in the summer for bike nights but not much in the winter. How do you pass through? N to S or E to W? I work at RCD RV in Hebron just north of I-70 on SR79
Normally head down 68 or 23 and work my way around the NE side. I get as far east of Columbus as Reynoldsburg and Canal Winchester, but that's about it, then I head to the SW side and then west on 70 and normally head north when I get to 75. I hit the meijer stores, so if you know where those are, you know where I'm going.

Just one thought? The one who was not so interested in your kids? Was maybe she being polite and not wanting to indicate she would "take over" as a Mom or parent? Or did she signal she really wasn't going to be there for the support?

Uhm, No on the Cougars, Ok? I dont want to have to explain to you the whole menopause thing. Cougars that can pose well don't necessarily turn out to be able to get busy three to four times per week. That crap shoot (menopause) is NOT predicatable what you are going to get. Its real, and the "effect" can be wide ranging in its affect on you and her. So the advice goes even deeper to all of you "men". Do some reading up, just so you actually know what it is.

1682680774771.png

Yes, well...

I did my post-grad in Austin, TX back in 2001 and my supervisor (Mark) told me about a friend of his in his younger days. The mother of his guy had a friend who had lost her husband (can't remember whether by divorce or death) and needed some things done around the place and could he pop over and help out. OK, he says and he goes over. Anyway, he goes over and does a few things and then she gets suggestive and....

He must have done well because she told some of her friends and then he had a bunch of late-middle age women needing little jobs done about the place, surprisingly when husbands were at work. He said, "They're horrible kissers, but great f******. He offered Mark in on the gig but he declined (so he says).

So don't rule it out!

That’s awesome unfortunately more the exception than the norm!

Latest posts

Back