Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I compete in mtb, but put most of my training miles in on the road bike. The road biking builds a strong "engine" and being a dirtbike rider/former racer helps the bike handling skills. Either one is a really fun sport for me.

Both knees are messed up from past dirtbiking injuries...one of these days I'll have to get a piece of meniscus cleaned out from my left knee, but I've been going strong this way for the past 10 years. I had a really bad over-the-bars wreck on the moto back in 2020. I still feel it in my neck/back on a regular basis, that one kinda killed my motivation to race dirtbikes. I had a buddy end up in the chair in a racing incident before that, and I was lucky enough to escape serious injury with mine, so I kinda lost the drive to race a dangerous sport such as that.

8:30 pace is pretty good for 13 miles.👍
Yes sir !! , been doing it for 35 years , raced in my younger years , IMG_0760.jpegIMG_0760.jpeg

I was wanting to hammer something this evening. Changed the plugs and coil packs on the v-10 excursion :baba:. In reality it didn't go bad, but I had to use a half inch drive to break all the plugs loose.
The good thing is it's running great now, but the true test is when I get it under s load.
Speaking of running good, the tractor ran great for a couple hrs before I worked on the truck. I could smell a bit of unburned fuel when under load, and could see more water in the separator, so I'll need to empty that again.
Plugs all looked a lot like this. Surprised they weren't worn down much further, but it was definitely time lol.
View attachment 1080084
Went with the ngk coil packs, I was expecting made in Japan :(, but they seem to be working and they weren't made in china, then again china sure is pushing a lot of crap thru there.
View attachment 1080085
My 2016 RAM 2500 was made in Mexico. They have very cheap labor there. Even the Japanese are building plants down there.

Yes, I am. I anticipate we will be having fires for longer than most of you blokes... :blob2:
What you did there, I see it 👀.

We had a fire a day a couple weeks ago, even no fire for a few days, but last week we went thru quite a bit of wood. This morning it's 68 Merican in the house supposed to be sunny all day and a high of 69, so probably no fire tonight either.
Earlier this week I was driving thru snow south of here and working in sleet in the pond area. Kinda how spring goes here, but it's certainly a little later than normal, you know, global warming 😉.

My 2016 RAM 2500 was made in Mexico. They have very cheap labor there. Even the Japanese are building plants down there.
I was hauling steel when NAFTA started, I'd pull up the companies I was hauling to on my laptop, most of them had plants outside the states :nofunny:.
Remember when Ross Perot talked about that sucking we would hear and the powers that be silenced him, well...:sucks:.
Video added :).

Anyone else still having nightly fires? It was warm enough last week for me to reinstall the little window-mount AC into the master bedroom. This week has been cold and rainy... borderline snow. This was the warmest day all week, only made it up to 47 today.

View attachment 1080356
Morning fires here. 42 when I get up, so I like my fire to take the chill off. Sitting in front of fire right now. We burn right up till the end of May (and I think had an early June fire or two last year).

I recall a couple years back when we got a very wet/heavy snowfall, about 4--6", I got up about 2 a.m. and went up the road to rake snow off the four tents at our fire dept. garage sale setup so the snow would not collapse them. This was the last week in May.

Good morning guys. I left something terrible happened…I fell over 10 pages behind this post.

Finally got caught up just now.

Been a busy week for me and the kiddos. Ended up getting the kids back on what was normally my ex’s week and have them indefinitely. We won’t get into details, but at least for now, there’s a big “I told you so”.

Last night I went to a school fundraiser gala for the elementary that I went to. Brought a date along (the same girl who went to play a few weeks back). Ended up running into another gal that I had dated a couple of times. She was not very happy to see me with the other lady which is a little bit funny because she’s the one who caused things to end because she had terrible communication. As Walker Hayes would say, “what can I say girl, you broke up with me”. Women are a funny species lol.

Been busy at work plus we painted both offices here in our spare time. It’s hard to believe I’ve been in this building offer for almost 5 years. We kind of figured out that the paint was somewhere around 15 years old so it was definitely due for a refresh. It wasn’t that it was even dirty or discolored just that after having a few different businesses in here over the years, there were so many holes everywhere that I pretty much just needed to be cleaned up, patched, and painted.

Can't remember, but ford stuck either platinum or iridium plugs in from the factory. Changed them in the expedition right after I got it, somewhere around 200k miles. If the memory banks serve me they still said Motorcraft on them and looked about the same as what your showing. She's got 285k on her now and I replaced the plugs with the coils. Was surprised how nice the plugs looked with almost 80k miles on them.
Ngk has been going downhill with manufacturing in other countries. Last set of spark plugs I bought had made in China on the box.... not happy about it, and yes they are genuine ngk plugs to boot.

Screw the 3 valve engines.... I'll keep my 2 valve.
My Mustang is a 3V ... no problems.

Latest posts

Back