Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back at it…..

This country is doomed. My wife is buying silver like I buy ammo, praying for the country my kids will be left. Not to mention any future grandchildren….View attachment 1120464
My buddy is buying Silver. I sold all of mine when it spiked a few years ago. I just don't see why I should buy expensive Silver, when I can take all I want with a few cents worth of lead? If society goes under, no one left is going to be reasonable. So the guy wants one of your Silver Dollars for a loaf of green bread. I like the bow, it makes gravy to dip my home made bread in.

:yes: i see no reason not to give him his due...
He has rubbed me wrong a few times, but I’m sure I rub people wrong on occasion too

He does have a bit of knowledge

The problem with formats like this, we don’t get to hear the tone of one’s voice. Just read it and interpret it how we want

I actually enjoy his pictures of making firewood or building on his place, I don’t enjoy when he boasts that he’s been doing it for 50yrs and that automatically makes it the right way. Makes him sound closed minded. But some of his information is right on the money, he just needs to learn a softer approach. Which he won’t because at his age, he doesn’t care to learn it

Gotta get back to work, have an angry tech knocking on my door

Wonder how many saws he can cram in that? :drinkingcoffee:
@James Miller and I were at a GTG the first time I met Mike. We saw this mustang roll up and this guy gets out and starts unloading saws out of the trunk of a mustang. First one, then another and and then another and........ We looked at each other and we're like :wtf:. :laugh: Picture all these coming out of a mustang. That's Mike at my GTG.
20191026_152653.jpg

@James Miller and I were at a GTG the first time I met Mike. We saw this mustang roll up and this guy gets out and starts unloading saws out of the trunk. Fist one, then another and and then another and........ We looked at each other and we're like :wtf:. :laugh: Picture all these coming out of a mustang. That's Mike at my GTG.
View attachment 1121030
It’s great when you have a log load or four to process in a day. You just grab one of his creamsicle’s and get going. When it runs out of gas or the chain dulls, grab another

I must say his 360 and 044 and 261 are my favorites

That 360 is just about the perfect power ti weight ratio for log load firewood making. His 261 is light but cuts BIG. And his 044 has power for just about anything firewood related. One of my earliest memories of that saw, my dad is an engineer. One of his contractors dropped off a tri-axle load of these enormous oak rounds. Well, I think I might have been 11 at the time and watched my uncle noodle them into manageable size wood for my uncle Nicky to split with a monster maul

Cowboy, nice to see you carb up after the event! I'll bet it hit you like never before!

We used to do a 5 mi run every year sponsored by a local fire department. At the end of the run, no gatorade (etc), there were beer kegs on tap!

I used to joke with the other participants it was in case we had to help them put out a fire!
I can just see 10-12 fire fighters standing in a circle hosing down someone's fire ring!

@James Miller and I were at a GTG the first time I met Mike. We saw this mustang roll up and this guy gets out and starts unloading saws out of the trunk. Fist one, then another and and then another and........ We looked at each other and we're like :wtf:. :laugh: Picture all these coming out of a mustang. That's Mike at my GTG.
View attachment 1121030
Steve, where was the GTG that Clarence (Multifaceted) and I came to. It was in Pa, don't think it was yours. They had big tractors bringing in big logs. I brought 2 or 3 of my Super 1050's to Clarence's house. We decided to take his little car, and only one 1050 would fit in the trunk. The 36" would not fit so I took a 24". James was there and asked if he could run the 1050. I told him if he could start it, he could run it. He made one cut, shut it off and came over and said, "It needs a BIGGER bar". That's all he said. That one has a 45" on it now. I haven't started since, I've been waiting for James to be the first one on the 45. Are you still in contact with him?

imagine a country where the Chief... cannot be bothered to go to the Border, size it up and do what is needed to keep the rift out... yet, has no prob for day-trips to foreign countries where the same only worse happens... and delivers 4 words: you are not alone! :(

you are not alone, MM.... in your thinking! ~
His favorite words are Don't. Don't and Don't

It wasn't the metal per say, it was the crap design to get into the mount bolt, (hole facing front twards front wheel. and the stupid idea of noise insulation. Terrible idea. The thin tin cover over the access hole wasn't sealed, the mount had no drain and did have noise deadening material in it. Hello Ford, anal cranial syndrome! Just stupid.
The rear cab mounts rotted out on mine too.

It's a 2018 F150 with the 2.7 twin turbo. It gets 20-21regularly. If I'm by the shore and on flat ground it will get 25. My dump trailer is 3500 pounds and a cord of Oak gets it up around 7500 pounds total. That hits it hard, down to about 9.5 MPG.
We have a high roof Transit passenger van with the 2.7 EB at our office. It has amazing torque and gets 20+ MPG with the aerodynamics of a brick.

imagine a country where the Chief... cannot be bothered to go to the Border, size it up and do what is needed to keep the rift out... yet, has no prob for day-trips to foreign countries where the same only worse happens... and delivers 4 words: you are not alone! :(

you are not alone, MM.... in your thinking! ~

It's a 2018 F150 with the 2.7 twin turbo. It gets 20-21regularly. If I'm by the shore and on flat ground it will get 25. My dump trailer is 3500 pounds and a cord of Oak gets it up around 7500 pounds total. That hits it hard, down to about 9.5 MPG.
My 2013 F150 with a 5.0 will get 20+ on a road trip. Doesn't do that around here with the hills but will typically be 15-16. For the miles I drive (10 years old, under 60K) I figure I'm ahead for the premium I didn't pay for the ecoboost engine.

My 2013 F150 with a 5.0 will get 20+ on a road trip. Doesn't do that around here with the hills but will typically be 15-16. For the miles I drive (10 years old, under 60K) I figure I'm ahead for the premium I didn't pay for the ecoboost engine.
That's how I feel about my v-10, most the fuel is paid for by others, kind of a pay as you drive vs pay it all up front. With most things I buy what will be the most cost effective in the long run, with the miles I drive the excursion, I don't see an upside to the diesel other than resale, which isn't enough to cover the higher up front cost, higher fuel(these days as I've had them in the past), more expensive oil changes, higher maintenance costs, then paying someone to work on the things I can't. I wouldn't mind having something like the 2.7 in a daily driver, but :envy:.

That's real odd, but then again, my exmark that burned a very little each month, blew up last month, it was at least two quarts low :cry:. Okay, now I just need to think of someone to blame it on🤔:lol:.
I wonder if that dude did it :buttkick:. When I first got mine I had all the lug nuts loosen up on the back left wheel, it ended up cracking the wheel and I loose the ballast out of it a bit now and then. I had a buddy "fix" it, but it still leaks a little sometimes. When I replace the tires on the back I'll probably repair it(weld it up) but also install a tube so when I want to drain the ballast all I have to do is hit the original air valve with a bit of air to push it out of the tube.

:happy:
I made a redneck truss crane to lift my 32' trusses. Then I pulled the two gables back down and put the overhangs on them and rehung them, wish someone would have said something before I installed them @Honyuk96 :laugh:.
Kinda hard to see, but it's a 5/8 rope tied off on a tree on one end, the other end was hooked to the back of the tractor, then the middle was running thru a pulley that was held up by another rope pulled up thru the crotch of another tree. On the 5/8 line I had a pulley with a lanyard to connect the trusses to, then another rope to pull that pulley/the truss across to where it needed to be. I had an hr or so setup into it, but it was very fast to use. It worked so well, when I dropped the gables down and re-installed them, it was just me and the boy doing it.

Hahhaha seems i may have mentioned something about framing those gable end lookout rafters on the ground and then flying the whole shebang in.

Latest posts

Back