Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't want to go there. They'll make the requirements so difficult nobody will pass.
Besides, shooting well at a target and shooting well under duress are completely different. How many videos have we seen on the news where LEOs fire a full clip and only hit the intended target, (who is shooting back), a couple of times?

I AM NOT in favor of being at the mercy of an armed criminal just because you think they usually don't want to hurt me!

If you are worried about collateral damage, just test that they can shoot well before giving them a permit, and make sure they load hollow points!

The longer we let this insanity continue (of not letting law abiding citizens defend themselves), the worse the problem will get. Knowing that your victim will be unarmed just emboldens criminals. Furthermore, some of the violence is simply the result of gang initiation. You may end up hurt or killed for no reason at all!

I believe that's call a background check!

Current federal law requires background checks to be performed for anyone purchasing a firearm at a federally licensed gun dealer.

I live across the river from St. Louis in IL, so I get their news as my local news. I don't have/carry a hand gun BUT I have nothing against anyone who does. Like you said, just as long as they have the proper training.

St Louis came up with a new law allowing an open carry. News stories about teens carrying guns openly down the streets. Increase in shootings. Now the city has done a partial reverse to counteract the increase. I don't follow the news that much, so I can't be accurate in my description.

I bet if they had some sort of screening process, guns wouldn't be getting into the hands of the irresponsible. Or at least reduce it.

Don't want to go there. They'll make the requirements so difficult nobody will pass.
Besides, shooting well at a target and shooting well under duress are completely different. How many videos have we seen on the news where LEOs fire a full clip and only hit the intended target, (who is shooting back), a couple of times?
It's a magazine, not a clip. Strip clips were used in rifles with integral magazines. Second you can look at the fbi crime stats and get a pretty good picture who knows how to hit their target under duress vs how does the mag dumps. Ill give you an idea, it won't make you have a lot of faith in "professionals."

When we qualified we had to run two miles and stop and shoot . Heart pumping really makes it more difficult. I was running 8 to 10 miles every other day so it didn’t effect me much but some guys it took a while to get qualified it was embarrassing at the time watching it .

I actually lost weight during my tenure. I was 10 pounds lighter at retirement than when I started . And I was in good shape at the beginning.

Dang you Grizzzzzzz!

https://kiblerslongrifles.com/
Spent too much time researching this company and his obsolete rifles!!

Now I kinda want to get one and punch a tag with a flintlock
Check out Track of the Wolf... they have guns and kits too.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Index.aspx
Me... my long rifle is an interpretation of Isaac Haines's Federalist Period guns... Haines worked in the Lancaster, PA area.

See https://americanlongrifles.org/ if you want to go down a rabbit hole similar to this web site (though more strictly limited to on-topic discussions).

Interesting stuff not only from a technology perspective but also as art and history (and wood😉 ).

We had it pretty easy when I had to qualify with the M16. (1974).
Prone, sitting, kneeling left or right handed, whichever was normal.
Standing we shot left and right handed.

Later I tried to convince them that since I was an SP augmentee I should qualify with the handgun too. They didn't buy that!

Had a thing pop up on farcebook of a guy milling a black walnut log. He was ranting on how nice it was right down to the punky crotch. :surprised3: :crazy2: When he pulled a slab off you could see the rot falling out of it. I was obligated to post a HVBW video.:innocent:
:numberone:
I still haven't heard back from the guy with the HVWO log yet, it's still listed though:buttkick:.

If you have one of those RPM Limited coil saws, you need to play around a little bit more.
Run the high in until you hit the limiter, then turn it in a bit more. Put it in some wood and see how it does, then dial it in a bit from there.
That being said, this is how all this tuning talk sounds to those who are unaware, I was once here :yes:.

Run the high in until you hit the limiter, then turn it in a bit more. Put it in some wood and see how it does, then dial it in a bit from there.
That being said, this is how all this tuning talk sounds to those who are unaware, I was once here :yes:.

I laugh everything I see that, I was the same not terribly long ago.

This is my life . The misses won’t put anything on the counter . I made a few cutting boards that when she uses them she puts one of those glass cutting boards on top of it because the wood ones are too nice . View attachment 1139339
Seems like a waste of a beautiful countertop!
A countertop like that could really bring in the sales :envy::lol:.
Screen Shot 2023-12-28 at 8.49.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-28 at 8.50.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-28 at 8.51.13 PM.png

Check out Track of the Wolf... they have guns and kits too.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Index.aspx
Me... my long rifle is an interpretation of Isaac Haines's Federalist Period guns... Haines worked in the Lancaster, PA area.

See https://americanlongrifles.org/ if you want to go down a rabbit hole similar to this web site (though more strictly limited to on-topic discussions).

Interesting stuff not only from a technology perspective but also as art and history (and wood😉 ).
This isn’t helping……

I suffer from severe GAD

You sir, are an enabler!

Back