Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely some metal in that tree, makes me a little worried about getting into it, that pile will be dead last for sure.

And I have my eyes open for a gently used 395 or the red version, but the used market sure is high! At least locally that is. Chainsaw addiction is real!
Use cheap semi-chisel ...skip...chains

planted squash in an area where I spread a nice layer of horse poop, GREAT crop of butternut squash, making another "pumpkin" pie tonight.
Last years pumpkins were just thrown on the manure pile, they volunteer grew an awesome crop of pumpkins this year they didn't revert, several weighed 40-50 lbs each.
Try planting Sugar Pumpkins. They taste better than regular pumpkins and great for making cookies, bread, brownies and other goodies.

We had so much rain last year most of the garden died off from lack of drainage. I add last years chicken poo and that just sucks up water like nothing. I need to find something to improve the drainage, 16' by 16' or so garden.
Raise your garden up.

Today I finally got my 1st cord of wood split up for next year. My old pile of wood is pretty much gone now as I have dumped a lot of it in the woods. This pile used to be over 8 feet tall. I did manage to remove 34 cords of wood out of it so far.

Attachments

• 20240104_163756.jpg
    20240104_163756.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240104_163822.jpg
    20240104_163822.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240104_163830.jpg
    20240104_163830.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Man, you stihl guys will do anything to trash a husky 🙄.
2 chain brakes. Where's the rest of the other saw? Figured I'd ask before Chipper 1 notices.
Noticed that too :cheers:. Wonder why there's two, they trash that many of them :(.
Good catch....but Brett will still notice something we all miss...😉
572 with a wrap handle :cool:. That little piece of the clutch cover would be nice for noodling.
Not much to salvage in that pile.
You're just jealous that a stihl flippy cap wouldn't have survived that carnage.

Looking forward to hearing the back story on this one.

Here I am 😃.

We had so much rain last year most of the garden died off from lack of drainage. I add last years chicken poo and that just sucks up water like nothing. I need to find something to improve the drainage, 16' by 16' or so garden.
We have some God awful clay dirt here. Been slowly amending the yard over the years, but we got a couple tins of sand for the garden years ago and tilled it in. Really helped to loosen up the clay and improved drainage. Been adding leaves, grass, straw, poop of all varieties, wood shavings from old bedding (chickens) etc to it to help with the organic material. I think we did a load of peat moss one year early on, and "mushroom" soil was added a few times as well, but it's been years since we've done that.

Connect with local tree removal services or arborists – they're often eager to get rid of logs and branches, and you might just score some fantastic wood for your projects. Another go-to spot is local construction sites; keep an eye out for discarded scrap wood that's just waiting to be repurposed. Trust me, these places are gold mines for finding wood that would otherwise go to waste. So, get out there, strike up a conversation with your local tree folks, and explore those construction sites

Connect with local tree removal services or arborists – they're often eager to get rid of logs and branches, and you might just score some fantastic wood for your projects. Another go-to spot is local construction sites; keep an eye out for discarded scrap wood that's just waiting to be repurposed. Trust me, these places are gold mines for finding wood that would otherwise go to waste. So, get out there, strike up a conversation with your local tree folks, and explore those construction sites
Welcome to A.S.!

Philbert

Getting ready for this weekend . No chains yet as the driveway is clear of ice that will change as the winter progresses. The spring water runs down and across when there is snow on either side View attachment 1141547
Yeah.... I've been servicing the fleet of snowblowers for the family... The forecast amounts have increased again so they will probably get used. I think I used mine once last year and thought my no-snow insurance (aka new snowblower) was going to make this a no snow year. 😉

Yeah.... I've been servicing the fleet of snowblowers for the family... The forecast amounts have increased again so they will probably get used. I think I used mine once last year and thought my no-snow insurance (aka new snowblower) was going to make this a no snow year. 😉
And now the next storm Tuesday into Wednesday is going to be rain and a high of 47 . Going to be some flooding for sure

And now the next storm Tuesday into Wednesday is going to be rain and a high of 47 . Going to be some flooding for sure
I see they now forecast 1-2 inches of rain... combined with the melting snow it's going to be a mess. Insuring good drainage will be my snow clean up priority...

https://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/d/ashburnham-cut-off-saw-rig/7693544820.html
Opps I did not think it posted. No way to get hurt here if you could get it going.

Cut off saw rig 1

00k0k_gR3HTZlY6Fa_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

00F0F_9nCaMkIDOU7_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

00f0f_7kGEwJZxXIm_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

00X0X_hH53gjaT0U7_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

00J0J_9pu9IuBzW1X_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

00M0M_6jtaDGcZhlf_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

00m0m_cqfFsEqpRkV_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

Cut off saw rig 1 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 2 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 3 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 4 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 5 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 6 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 7 thumbnail Cut off saw rig 8 thumbnail

Latest posts

Back