Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are any of you guys fans of blood sausage?

The mines up here brought a lot of people from Poland as well as the Slavic nations and they brought their sausage recipes with them. So while we do not have a lot of diversity of food in northern Minnesota, we have a lot of good sausage.

The Nordic countries also made blood sausage and potato sausage. Both are very good when homemade or from the right meat markets. Somebody got the idea to make pasty sausage as well and that’s very good. More or less potato sausage with rutabagas and carrots, as well as potatoes, onions, and meat.

Back to burning wood....
Someone asked about small cast iron Dutch Ovens..... this is a 5" Camp Chef on the stove. It only holds about 3 cups!
It's looks good next to a 14"! Used for sauces or ??

Attachments

• 1-18-2024  stove.jpg
    1-18-2024 stove.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-18-24  5 inch DO.jpg
    1-18-24 5 inch DO.jpg
    953.3 KB · Views: 0
Back to burning wood....
Someone asked about small cast iron Dutch Ovens..... this is a 5" Camp Chef on the stove. It only holds about 3 cups!
It's looks good next to a 14"! Used for sauces or ??
I believe that was me. Camp Chef? Is that a Chinese brand? Hate to be a snob about it, but I looking something made in the states. If I were melting lead or something, that would be OK. But I want to cook with it.

I believe that was me. Camp Chef? Is that a Chinese brand? Hate to be a snob about it, but I looking something made in the states. If I were melting lead or something, that would be OK. But I want to cook with it.
Camp Chef has these made in China..... All of the cast iron I use is US made.... mostly Lodge, and some Griswold.

I previously replaced the oil pump on my MS 170 and it worked for a while, but then stopped. I had an old sprocket/bar/chain on it that needed replacing. So, I continued using it without oil to cut roots and stumps of saplings out of the ground so I can mow over. Now I'm changing the oil pump/sprocket/B&C. I have new everything except the pump. I normally just order a $10 kit off of ebay. Is there a better source?

Also, the spark plug on my Stihl 038 was a Bosch R10. Not original, but was replaced by someone else. Better choice?
Bosh WSR6F or NGK BPMR7A. My choice wood be the NGK. NAPA sells them.

Nice to see more of you boys showing the food you scrounge and the cooking pots and pans. Keep em coming cast iron preferred by me. Please don't take that as a slight those of you that post other types of cookware. At ease, carry on, smoke em if you got em.
I just reheated a cup of coffee in the microwave :drinkingcoffee:, want me to snap a quick pic for ya :picture::laughing:.
Good morning all. Time for the cast iron pix. I know some of you are holding out on us. I just scored a BSR #3 1960's vintage I think. Will send pix when it arrives. If I can just find a nice 12" skillet I will have a 4 pan set at the house that should get me by very nicely. :drinkingcoffee:
4, that's enough :rolleyes:.

Latest posts

Back