Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning a bunch of mulberry here, had a bit in the woodshed. Surprised how much lighter it is than a similar sized piece of highly valuable black locust.
Speaking of BL, I still haven't heard back on that ad yet lol.
Light snow here at the house, hope I don't need to move more around today, the driveway just started to show itself for the first time since two weekends ago. Guess that happens in the winter :).
Gee I sure hope nobody beat you to the HVBL. That wood be a real sham er........shame. :surprised3:

......yeah, but what's it made outta... 🤨

Lol.
Gotta bud was a mechanic in meat packing plants sez Spam is pork shoulder and not offal. Enjoy!
I'm big on browning it to help reduce the fat content. I like my bacon crispy fried in a deep layer of fat in my cast iron skillet, same reason.

Gotta bud was a mechanic in meat packing plants sez Spam is pork shoulder and not offal. Enjoy!
I'm big on browning it to help reduce the fat content. I like my bacon crispy fried in a deep layer of fat in my cast iron skillet, same reason.
I'm just clowning about the origins of spam...doesn't really matter to me cause I'm not going to eat it anyway.

Similar to what we have here in the mid Atlantic called Scrapple. All the left over parts.

I made scrapple, egg, and cheese sandwiches on fresh baked Kaiser rolls the last snow storm we had roll through. Words can’t describe……View attachment 1145982
The scrapple my farmer friends make consists of eggs and pig brains…

Pretty much gives us the green light to drive like a bunch of assholes.
Bad drivers everywhere. Stop signs and red lites are just a suggestion here. Can't count the number of times I have had to slow down or move over onto the shoulder when cars passing in no passing zones are coming at me head on in my lane. :omg:

Burning a bunch of mulberry here, had a bit in the woodshed. Surprised how much lighter it is than a similar sized piece of highly valuable black locust.
Speaking of BL, I still haven't heard back on that ad yet lol.
Light snow here at the house, hope I don't need to move more around today, the driveway just started to show itself for the first time since two weekends ago. Guess that happens in the winter :).
Reayll lighter than BL? I've been tossing on the fire a piece of Mulberry or Hedge now and then and I can't tell much of a difference. Maybe my Mulberry is a little fresher. Of course, It's been awhile since I had any BL.

Where's your(?) ad of that BL located? Is it free? I'm looking for free, cut and split BL (no pine). I might have to make a trip :laugh: .

Reayll lighter than BL? I've been tossing on the fire a piece of Mulberry or Hedge now and then and I can't tell much of a difference. Maybe my Mulberry is a little fresher. Of course, It's been awhile since I had any BL.

Where's your(?) ad of that BL located? Is it free? I'm looking for free, cut and split BL (no pine). I might have to make a trip :laugh: .
Prolly close to Lancaster, PA :yes:

Bad drivers everywhere. Stop signs and red lites are just a suggestion here. Can't count the number of times I have had to slow down or move over onto the shoulder when cars passing in no passing zones are coming at me head on in my lane. :omg:
You live around here?

Latest posts

Back