Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife got a call from the neighbor, pellet stove isn't working, so over I go.
She had already cleaned the pipe, about a 4' piece that runs up the side of the house off a "T"/ clean-out. The tool she used for cleaning it would only touch one side at a time, kinda janky. I pulled the 4' pipe off, then the "T", it was full of debris. Pulled the stove out from the wall and the exhaust was really closed up with carbon, scrapped all that out as best as possible. Pulled the burn pot out of the front, it was all clean, as was the bottom of the burn pot area. Removed the baffles and :surprised3:, had never been cleaned, who knows how many pallets of pellets later :omg: (that being said, he can't take care of it after his stroke). Got everything cleaned on the front side after plugging her reg vacuum bag up once. Now onto the exhaust with the wet dry vac. Got down on the ground behind the stove on my side, had the vacuum hose all ready to go at the exhaust and she turned it on. All I can say is, it was a good thing I had my glasses and dirty clothes on, because it was on blow instead of suck:sucks:. There was crap flying out the pipe and out the front of the stove, it was quite the mess! Got it all cleaned up and actually vacuumed.
Then my boy had to help me, he was actually helping me the whole time. We lifted the stove up onto a couple pieces of 1x4 because the thimble was set-up too high. Sure that goes against code, but so does the exhaust leak that was visible before I started... Got it all hooked up, and all is working well now :rock:.
Nice to be able to help when others are in need. They really appreciate that the pellet stove is working since that end of the house isn't tied into their furnace, and they like it 80 in there :havingarest: (no, I'm not exaggerating).
She was so thankful she gave me a 32oz container of frozen cookie dough :sweet:.
Now I'm sitting in front of the window enjoying the sunshine :cool:.
Hope you guys are all having a great day too, minus the soot in the face part ;).
>Now I'm sitting in front of the window enjoying the sunshine :cool:

thot u was going to say sitting and enjoying eating them cookies! :popcorn2:

1705858577015.png

we had some kids in Jr Hi and they had (so i heard) dirt floor in part of their house. from their appearance, i believed it!

these kids today!!... all the g/ks have to be driven to school! :rolleyes: i was thinking about it last nite, in fact... visit with my HS :sweet: :heart: and walk up thru the field above them, down several streets past the HS, down 28th (long walk)... and all the way to 122nd... and then down the street to home. til cars, walked to school daily!

:drinkingcoffee:
Around here, you avoid driving on the roads around 3:30P. Long line of cars get stuck behind buses stopping at every intersection to let the kiddies off. And in rural communities, they stop on the main roads at individual driveways. Semi truck surely don't like that.

Well it was 13 degrees out yesterday and today. Both days I fired up my Kioti to bring in some rounds and 4 logs. The worst part is that the ground is still not frozen due to snow cover and way too much surface water from recent rain storms. Yesterday we got another inch of snow.

Attachments

• 20240121_120201.jpg
    20240121_120201.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240121_120217.jpg
    20240121_120217.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Driving my tractor at a slow pace in the road yesterday when this woman flew by me from the rear going about 55 mph. She cut back in just in time to miss the oncoming car from the other direction. That car was almost in the snowbank to avoid being hit. It is like this everytime I drive up and down our road going back and forth to my wood road 200 yards away. I wish the State would put speed bump strips on my road. It is a State road. You are spot on about red lights and stop signs. We have now reached the time where people are just plain F'en stupid. With the speed trap apps it makes it so easy for these A-holes to check if there are any police on their route. If you see a cop car you just tap the app and mark police car here.
Get the app and tap in front of your house. You’d be surprised how quickly people will slow down

Latest posts

Back