Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for another vise pict.. This one I keep bolted to my big drill press, the press is all gear driven and has so much power you HAVE to bolt everything you're drilling or put it in a vice.

I don't use this press often, but when I need it, I need it!

P1020671-S.jpg

and of course, Wiltons are another GREAT American made vise!

IMG-2111-S.jpg

SR

I'm looking for a flippy FUEL cap for my AM gas tank on a Stihl 038. The number from one vendor cites a part # of 00003500525. I see Oil/Gas combos on sale. Are the Oil caps the same size as the Gas cap? My oil tank on the saw still takes a thread-on cap.
Usually the oil cap is smaller. Buy OEM. I've worked on other people's saw that bought AM and most all leaked. I'd take the saw to your dealer to make sure of fit. Check your IPL and check numbers.

Usually the oil cap is smaller. Buy OEM. I've worked on other people's saw that bought AM and most all leaked. I'd take the saw to your dealer to make sure of fit. Check your IPL and check numbers.
My IPL doesn't list a number for a flippy cap. The original metal tank took a screw-in cap. My saw has an AM plastic tank on it now that takes a flippy cap.

Interestingly, I found the O-ring has shrunk. I replaced with a huge O-ring, and the cap now seals. This weekend, I'm headed to a local farm store that has O-rings. I'll try to find one slightly larger than the defective one and pick up a few. As well as picking up a few spare caps, too.

P.S. Where do you buy your OEM parts?

So damn true. How many times do you see a city road repaved only to have it dug up right afterwards for electrical and water/sewer work. If you plan on widening a road just a little bit. The town or city will need to hire an environmental company with engineers to design it.

My IPL doesn't list a number for a flippy cap. The original metal tank took a screw-in cap. My saw has an AM plastic tank on it now that takes a flippy cap.

Interestingly, I found the O-ring has shrunk. I replaced with a huge O-ring, and the cap now seals. This weekend, I'm headed to a local farm store that has O-rings. I'll try to find one slightly larger than the defective one and pick up a few. As well as picking up a few spare caps, too.

P.S. Where do you buy your OEM parts?
OEM PARTS from the dealer. More than likely they have a flippy cap that will fit your saw. They also sell the correct O rings for flippy and screw caps.
Edit. Possible # for the fuel cap. 000-0350-0533.

So damn true. How many times do you see a city toad repaved only to have it dug up right afterwards for electrical and water/sewer work. If you plan on widening a road just a little bit. The town or city will need to hire an environmental company with engineers to design it.
That's just stupid municipalities that do crap like that. We did quite a few widening and reclamation projects while I was at the township, years before we would widen or reclaim any sewer/utility company was informed to preform any and all work possible before the road project was done. As far as I know, it's been a very successful plan of operation for them.

That's just stupid municipalities that do crap like that. We did quite a few widening and reclamation projects while I was at the township, years before we would widen or reclaim any sewer/utility company was informed to preform any and all work possible before the road project was done. As far as I know, it's been a very successful plan of operation for them.
Around here it is the Democratic way of doing business and taking care of the Unions.

Back