Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since I had the time and space to do some projects. Got this for $25.00 off a friend. Said it didn't run very well. Didn't mess with it much, just assumed the usual concrete saw junk rings low compression, and tore into it. Cleaned it up this evening after removing the muffler and carb. Cylinder looked minty. Piston looks good... pit the starter back on and gave it a yank. Felt weak. Got the compression tester out 90psi. Oh well. Went about fiddling with it and realized the compression release was stuck in. Ripped it off and dug out a good one. 125psi compression.... first I'm an idiot, should have looked for the obvious, but it's getting the first cleaning it's ever got so I don't feel too stupid. Gonna replace the fuel line, kit and clean the carb and hopefully get it running later this week or next week.

Attachments

• 20240131_200833.jpg
    20240131_200833.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Just trying to stay on topic here..
View attachment 1149379
I'll try to help with that,

Sokolowski-Robert-Caribou-Hunt.jpg

SR

If you watch his videos, you know he does lol. He does some crazy stuff up in 5hose hills.

Bummer about the splitter/sledge.
Awesome the skids all set. What did it need.
Just a seal. I thought it was an axel bering and a seal. I was wrong. Low cost repair, but I had the tools to do the seal. The bearing replacment was more involved and required tools I didn't have. Could have done the seal and saved a few bucks, but it wasn't too involved of a repair. That it was over my head and costly. Catch 22.🤷

Your work shop kind of looks like that shed in Twister. All them saws hanging from the ceiling :laugh: .
My Squaw wanted to go to the beach and collect sea shells together, so we could build a mobile. I said, "A mobile?🤔
Wait! 😯 Hold on a second. I got a better Idea!"😁
I STIHL had to eventually end up going to the beach. 😒

Latest posts

Back