Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just whack that barrel down and put a little crown on the end of it.
I could but I still don’t like the way the stock fits me.
The more I dig into this 272xp with the “new” top end, the more I scratch my head….

Who can guess what’s wrong with this picture View attachment 1153805
Some people shouldn’t be allowed to own tools. Or saws.
Here's was my job for today. A leaking water pump on a 2014 Explorer with 94k. I wonder how big the bonus was for the engineer that designed a smaller engine package by using the water pump as the idler for the timing chain?:buttkick:View attachment 1153819
12 hours for a water pump!
Kudos to you for getting paid to do that job and putting food on your family’s table. Onions to those engineers though lol.
You trying to make up for the lack of BL dinner pics lately :laughing:.
Seems he's been mia(my phone keeps spellchecker it to moa lol) for a week or so now. That works for me as there's been quite a few post as it is.
A little bird tells me that he’s sulking because somebody called him out elsewhere on the forum. Maybe he’ll go into hiding for four years like he did last time he got sideways with a few people on here. Or we can hope anyway.

Those 170s are pretty much disposable throw aways aren't they? 🤔They don't seem to last to long, or maybe I'm just hard on them.🤷
I think they fall in the baby it and never push it and it will be ok category. It is quite hard to go from running pro saws to running homeowner specials. two completely different worlds!

I think they fall in the baby it and never push it and it will be ok category. It is quite hard to go from running pro saws to running homeowner specials. two completely different worlds!
Agreed. I've had a fair few more gripes about my MS290 vs. my MS461. I was fairly happy with the 290 and then happened across the 461 at a pretty good deal. Haggled them down to about $350CAD/260 USD at a pawn shop citing a small puddle of oil under the saw that would "definitely require some repairs" lol. I know, I wouldn't take a pawn shop gamble either, but when I asked what guarantee they offered on their statement of "good working order", they said 7 days cash back. I thought: perfect, plenty of time to pull the muffler and also check PSI lol. 20231218_211945.jpg
(Cold reading)
20231218_212735.jpg

Night and day difference in quality between homeowner and pro saws, you can count me as a convert. If it weren't for the difference in weight, I would have re-homed the 290 on some time ago.

The 3.0 V6 in my parents 2000 Toyota Camry runs the water pump with the timing belt, as do Subarus back into the 90s and probably earlier, so unfortunately this is not a new thing
So was the 3.4l in my old 4-runner. It wasn't a huge deal to change though.

Idk about the ms 170 but the 180c we used as truck saws got the crap ran out of them and no love. Always hung in there.
They are not terrible saws, just not worth fixing for a shop. Hobbiests like me, no problem. $20 in aftermarket parts and it's back in action...not worth oe, frankly. I expect they will be heavily discounted to get rid of them by dealers as they have been discontinued. Currently, here, $199. Price tag still on some of the ones I have is $159. 🤣
They sell well on CL for $100-120.

A little bird tells me that he’s sulking because somebody called him out elsewhere on the forum. Maybe he’ll go into hiding for four years like he did last time he got sideways with a few people on here. Or we can hope ananyway.
It has been rather peaceful of late....😉

I've never messed with pistons (yet). Is that considered scoring and too bad to use? I do see, what I believe is ring damage.
The piston itself is near new. Rings scored the cyl badly, however. I'll go back and re inspect that piston to see if the Grove was damaged.

Any of you fellas have anymore ideas on this 562 off switch?? The wire is connected, I’m gonna go get my Fluke to ohm the wire, but what else can it be

Also, the older model, it says 562xp on the tag, but the intake is smaller, almost the size of the 550, any ideas?

And thanks to a friendly fella from this sight, I have a coil to put in the ms201 tonight 👍

Keep an eye out for a 562xp side cover too boys, if anyone has one for trade, let me know. I’ll see if I got anything that peaks you’re interest.

Back