Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ideas guys. I'm not familiar with the particulars of NH machines. When either of your machines are acting up does it load up the hydraulics like Lee said his does?
I had that problem with mine and had to adjust it. It felt like a hose was partially blocked because the valve was only partially open. I just adjusted the outside cable sheath on my Kioti a little bit. It has been fine ever since.

Thanks for the ideas guys. The loader has quick connects. I think I will start by threading them off and checking for debris clogging them. I've changed almost all the hoses but 2 for the curl function on bucket. They look good externally but maybe they're coming apart internally.

My thought is the problem has to be a restriction. The pump definitely loads up when the lever is moved all the way over. If I slowly move the lever over the bucket starts moving. Once it hits its max speed moving the lever farther only makes the pump work harder while the speed of the curl stays constant.

Thanks again!
That sounds like a blockage. Csn you disconnect the curl cable and operate the valve by hand?

I hate that control setup, can't set up a power rake on it and adjust it accurately. One of the guys I did a bunch of tree work for this summer got a newer one and it had a proper setup and quick detach(mine doesn't), nice little tractor. I'd either like one of those as my next small tractor upgrade or to get a mini skid, but currently I have a barn to finish :)
You will love having a quick detack plate on the front of your tractor. Then think of all the great attachments that you can buy like a set of forks, rock bucket, stump/root grapple bucket and a post/tree puller if you need one. Having a third function up front is nice also. I run mine from one of my rear remotes.

tbh the only complaints I have about my 7510 are the 1/4 inching valve for the 3 point and the foot pedals for the hydro amd the cut brakes are on the same side as the hydro pedal. I guess they are slowly getting rid of the clutch pedal and moved the brakes to the laft side. The 1/4 inching valve was done away with after my series of tractor and the foot pedal still sucks.

You will love having a quick detack plate on the front of your tractor. Then think of all the great attachments that you can buy like a set of forks, rock bucket, stump/root grapple bucket and a post/tree puller if you need one. Having a third function up front is nice also. I run mine from one of my rear remotes.
Benefits of buying a tractor without the loader and building your own. I just have forks and the bucket, but a grapple will be in the future for it.

Attachments

• 20220711_171201.jpg
    20220711_171201.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Using nature to help with my maple syrup production. I let the buckets get slushy ice in them then I skim it out . The thawed ice sap has less than 1/2 % sugar . The liquid still in the buckets has almost 5% a couple of more cycles I should be up around 8 or 9 % which drastically cuts down on boil time and energy used . Not easy getting a picture IMG_7819.jpegIce waterIMG_7820.jpegIMG_7821.jpeg

I had that problem with mine and had to adjust it. It felt like a hose was partially blocked because the valve was only partially open. I just adjusted the outside cable sheath on my Kioti a little bit. It has been fine ever since.
Thanks for the tip. I've never had the cover off the loader control valve. Are there cables under it? I'll have to check next time I'm up north.

Well, I got the neojunk back together. New, new gasket and some dirko ht ftw. It runs.. not nearly as impressive as the gz4000. Think I'll give it a few tanks to see if it wakes up and if not I'll sell it off. I should really toss the 14" bar on it off my gz4000 and run it.
Got the k700 chop saw back together too. Shut off switch is fixed and I got the carb working right now. Left it in the ultrasonic for a few hours, gave it a blow job and new kit. Ran great. Probably going to need a new starter assembly. Every now and then it won't retract, and I'm not sure why. Had it all apart and cleaned up/lubricated it. Still messes up every now and then. The paws are on the flywheel and are as free as a bird. So doubt it's jamming up. Anyway, happy with my small projects getting completed for this weekend.

Attachments

• 20240218_153931.jpg
    20240218_153931.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240218_153925.jpg
    20240218_153925.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Benefits of buying a tractor without the loader and building your own. I just have forks and the bucket, but a grapple will be in the future for it.
I've found a single grapple between the pallet forks to be the most useful by far! For logs,

Resized-20230826-105117-S.jpg

or brush or firewood,

Resized-20230805-113600-S.jpg

In fact for about everything anyone would use a grapple for.

SR

KK, when working on any recoil I start by lubricating it with silicone spray (don't want to attract dirt). Pull the pawls out and make sure it is clean under there and spray before re-installing. IMO, Hornady "One Shot" gun lube works very well.

Also, if you look carefully, your spring clip does not look symmetrical on both sides, I would start by replacing it.

I have had good luck using the cheap AM parts for these repairs. Just sometimes you have to keep changing things till it works. Make sure nothing is too tight and jamming it.
Roger, the first thing I did was make sure it was all lubricated and free. Nothing seemed tight. I lubricant the dawgs and shaft/spring on all my starter assemblies fairly regularly. I prefer graphite for lubing this particular area. That's what I've found works best for me. Why didn't I notice the spring not tight on the shaft? Good question. A little more bend with some pliers. Good as new. Now I know why I got all the surprise looks from the fellas when I posted my question about it. Do I feel a little ignorant? 👍Yup! Do I care? 👎Not one bit!🤣

Before
20240216_233003.jpg

After
20240218_125701.jpg

Roger, the first thing I did was make sure it was all lubricated and free. Nothing seemed tight. I lubricant the dawgs and shaft/spring on all my starter assemblies fairly regularly. I prefer graphite for lubing this particular area. That's what I've found works best for me. Why didn't I notice the spring not tight on the shaft? Good question. A little more bend with some pliers. Good as new. Now I know why I got all the surprise looks from the fellas when I posted my question about it. Do I feel a little ignorant? 👍Yup! Do I care? 👎Not one bit!🤣

Before
View attachment 1154963

After
View attachment 1154965
I ask questions all the time, ya know why? Because I’m smart! Smart enough to know that I don’t know all the answers and smart enough to know that others do….

Ain’t no shame in my question asking game

I've found a single grapple between the pallet forks to be the most useful by far! For logs,

Resized-20230826-105117-S.jpg

or brush or firewood,

Resized-20230805-113600-S.jpg

In fact for about everything anyone would use a grapple for.

SR
I hope to be adding a set on my forks this Summer. I have the grapple setup that I stole for $100 with the hoses.

Back