Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a McCulloch 610 in a package deal with 2 other saws for $25 the other day. I cleaned it up, installed new recoil mounting screws because they were missing, and determined that I need to rebuild or replace the Zama carb. If anyone has a functional carb for this saw they’d sell let me know. I’ll probably get a proper pull handle for it. I was going to sell it, but it’s growing on me, especially since I’ve been wanting a bigger chainsaw because all my chainsaws are kinda small, this thing is 60cc. The bar is pretty small and I’ll probably upgrade it to a new 20” bar if I get it running. It ran great with a drink down the carb. The chain brake is missing so I’ll need a used one. I don’t think that the recoil is original because all the other ones I see online are black with yellow clutch cover/recoil or yellow with black recoil/clutch cover.
View attachment 1155712
They are pretty underwhelming performers. I still have my pops pm605. Was the last new saw he bought and the second saw I ever ran. I'm a bit nostalgic just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Well, my daughter was good enough to share whatever sickness she had with me. Spent the past few days in a state of bodily confusion. Off and on fever, back pain, head ache, stuffed sinuous, nasty cough, nausea, and diarrhea. The latter two seem to have subsided so I'll tempt some chicken soup in a little bit. Never used to get sick like this. Just sucks.

I bought a McCulloch 610 in a package deal with 2 other saws for $25 the other day. I cleaned it up, installed new recoil mounting screws because they were missing, and determined that I need to rebuild or replace the Zama carb. If anyone has a functional carb for this saw they’d sell let me know. I’ll probably get a proper pull handle for it. I was going to sell it, but it’s growing on me, especially since I’ve been wanting a bigger chainsaw because all my chainsaws are kinda small, this thing is 60cc. The bar is pretty small and I’ll probably upgrade it to a new 20” bar if I get it running. It ran great with a drink down the carb. The chain brake is missing so I’ll need a used one. I don’t think that the recoil is original because all the other ones I see online are black with yellow clutch cover/recoil or yellow with black recoil/clutch cover.
View attachment 1155712
IMG_1588.jpeg

Leaving the choice/life issue aside, here's a baffling bit of biology from change.org... 🙄

spacer1.gif
Change.org
spacer1.gif
Alabama’s Supreme Court just ruled that frozen, unfertilized embryos are children, which could set the stage to completely ban in vitro fertilization. IVF is an increasingly common process to help families who are struggling to conceive without medical intervention. Now, Alabama is suggesting that failing to use embryos created for IVF might be murder. Devin started a petition because she says that contradicts the U.S. Constitution and represents is a cruel new wave of the abortion fight that punishes people who are ready and want to be parents. If you agree, you can sign her petition below.​

Here's some interesting pics from today.
Customer brings a trailer in and said there's some wheel bearing trouble.
Here's the trouble... :wtf: 20240222_133415.jpgMy buddy called and said he couldn't get his old air compressor started. He said it was a 3 cylinder gas engine. He dropped it off and I checked it out tonight. Turns out the points were corroded. Filed and adjusted them and got it running. Needs points and a tune up but it'll work for him tomorrow. It's a pretty cool old compressor. I think it's an old flathead Chrysler industrial inline 6. It runs on the front 3 cylinders and the rear 3 are the air compressor.
20240222_214103.jpg20240222_214048.jpg

Well, my daughter was good enough to share whatever sickness she had with me. Spent the past few days in a state of bodily confusion. Off and on fever, back pain, head ache, stuffed sinuous, nasty cough, nausea, and diarrhea. The latter two seem to have subsided so I'll tempt some chicken soup in a little bit. Never used to get sick like this. Just sucks.
Ivermectin is your friend…

does that work on the normal viruses? 🤔
Yes all viruses. Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are the most effective drugs for getting zinc into your cells. When you have enough zinc in your cells viruses can't
hijack them and turn them into virus factories. They are also two of the safest drugs ever made when used at the correct dosages. With them and keeping plenty of zinc and D3 in your daily regimen you will likely not get sick much at all and if you do you will get over it sooner. Make sure you get magnesium everyday also as that is what your body needs to absorb the D3. I am not a doctor but would be happy to play one on tv if offered. Do your own research.
ps. If you don't have access to Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine you can use green tea extract and or quercitin to help get zinc into your cells. Not nearly as effective but will work. Kind of like comparing a .50 Machine gun to a .22 rifle. To give an analogy to the difference in effectiveness.

Those have quite the cult following as well. One thing I learned is you should never soak aluminum cookware overnight with soap and water as it will start to corrode-not noticeable after one time, but if you do this repeatedly youre cookware will pit and also some of that will leach into your food.
WARNING!!! Other stuff. Thinking about a semi 12 gauge for general on the farm blasting. Prolly something with a synthetic stock because it might be thrown around in the truck and tractor. Thoughts?
I would put a strong vote behind the Stoeger semi auto. These are made by Benelli and are very reliable, well-built gun for the price. We have two of them for the kids and they’ve never failed provided we did our part to keep them clean.

Salt blocks, corn, tree stands? Nah, just cut down a fir tree and wait a couple minutes.
I always laugh when guys won't cut wood on their property during season. Now if they were going for a trophy, I get it, but these guys don't even get a deer most yrs lol.
$25. 🤣
19 runners at the moment and a bunch yet to rebuild 🤣
I meant the "goo" under the cover :cool:.
The old KISS answer. Keep it simple. I'll leave off the last S.
Silly?
This one is for our resident editor @chipper1.
View attachment 1155510
View attachment 1155511
View attachment 1155513
Cast iron cooked eggs and cast iron toasted sourdough.🍳:drinkingcoffee:
Wife made a big batch of garlic and cheese sourdough rolls, had a bunch of dirty ole cast on the stove top or I would have taken a picture for you.
Even around here, the deer know where the no hunt zones are!
Just like the drugged up mass shooters know where the no gun zones are :nofunny:.
What I have found with these is the carbs are very problematic with age and the fuel lines seem to decay quickly (not sure if this is a function of cheap OE components or the fact they are so small or both).
I think that they were from the time when ethanol fuel was just starting to get more prevalent and the lines couldn't handle the ethanol. Lots of small engines had problems with this, literally ate the lines or dry rotted them until they fell apart.
Not pretty, but it works

Gonna wait for the tool to richen her up before I really start playing with her
View attachment 1155708
Pretty sure if you weld a little piece on the end you could use it like a log cant 🤣.

Back