Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sean, I have some outside strap on chaps I wear in the winter some but really don’t like them in summer, hot, get hung up on brush/ limbs and restrict movement. I’m probably more likely to get hurt wearing those than nothing. I look into the cloggers. Which ones do you have?
I have the original defender pro pants. Pretty cool on a hot day, I'd say possibly a little warmer then regular blue jeans. They do have these little zipper up vents, that work ok, even if the tend to get filled up with chips etc. (I usually let them zipped up.) Fit is good, I find them quite comfortable. Biggest gripe is there's no back pockets. There's a newer model out now.

Anyone here scrounge for coffee like me? lol
Um, no. We get the biggest, cheapest container or the darkest roast/ strongest coffee we can find at Walmart, or the Mennonite "country" store down the road. That place is hit and miss with the deals. Don't always have stuff in stock.

Anyone here scrounge for coffee like me? lol
We get our coffee from work during the week so we grind our own for the two pots we make on the weekends. We get Torke Highlander Grogg. Torke is a local coffee roaster and they have some good coffee.

After work i went to dollar general to scrounge some coffee but choices was limited. I settled for Folgers classic it should last me another two weeks.
I can drink any others Folgers' blends other than Classic. That's just sawdust to me :baba: . No offense meant. But I guess if I made it stronger, it would be OK.

Good afternoon☕, or maybe it’s 🍺 Went to the annual loggers first aid/ safety class today and was told the snap in chaps (worn inside jeans) I’ve been wearing for 30 years are not “legal”, any recommendations on chainsaw pants, other than the form fitting arborist ones?
Whatever you buy, make sure that you can try them on or return them (unused).

Some do fit ‘slim’, especially, if you are used to jeans.

Philbert

I can drink any others Folgers' blends other than Classic. That's just sawdust to me :baba: . No offense meant. But I guess if I made it stronger, it would be OK.
I found a t shirt at San Jose Costa Rica airport that said " Juan Valdez comes to Costa Rica to get his coffee!". Yes their coffee is delicious!

Thanks Sean, I have some outside strap on chaps I wear in the winter some but really don’t like them in summer, hot, get hung up on brush/ limbs and restrict movement. I’m probably more likely to get hurt wearing those than nothing. I look into the cloggers. Which ones do you have?

I bought these over winter because I was done having my Stihl chaps trip me up when layering in the winter.

Ventilated and very comfortable. Front protection only so not bulky at all.

SIP Protection Innovation pant. Baileys has them $250.

20240210_161813.jpg

I bought these over winter because I was done having my Stihl chaps trip me up when layering in the winter.

Ventilated and very comfortable. Front protection only so not bulky at all.

SIP Protection Innovation pant. Baileys has them $250.

View attachment 1163263
Thanks, do sizes seem to correspond to normal pant sizes pretty well?

I'm pretty sure I would die if I had to give up the forks for my kubota. Ne er realize how handy they are till you get a set!
EXACTLY, that's why I bought a second set last week,

Resized-20240311-152739-S.jpg

HLA's, rated for 4,200 pounds,

Resized-20240312-132531-S.jpg

SR

Um, no. We get the biggest, cheapest container or the darkest roast/ strongest coffee we can find at Walmart, or the Mennonite "country" store down the road. That place is hit and miss with the deals. Don't always have stuff in stock.
Great value french roast is good but my local wally world rarely has it in stock.

We get our coffee from work during the week so we grind our own for the two pots we make on the weekends. We get Torke Highlander Grogg. Torke is a local coffee roaster and they have some good coffee.
No local roasters here so i settle for the cheap commercial coffee.
My favorite
View attachment 1163257But with the price it’s mostly Amazon brand dark organic or Folgers 1850
Have not tried folgers 1850 yet but i tried black rifle coffee and it's good.
Free coffee at work during the week, two cups on the weekend at the diner in town on the weekends

At 42, I’m the youngest of the regulars. Same group of old guys meet up every weekend and shoot the $h1t at the diner.

Learn a bit from them old guys….
Coffee is free at work if you prefer over brewed, burned with a road tar consistency!
I usually grab master chef in the big can for $7.99. It is strong and taste good.

Not a fan of Bailey’s anymore but like the looks of theseView attachment 1163260

Nate, those look like what I have, and I like them, not that I have enough experience to know good ones from bad, but they are far better (IMO) than chaps! At least I don't get hung up trying to step over logs with them.

Latest posts

Back