Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're looking for a new old school furnace you should check these out.View attachment 1164507They were rated coal/ wood until 2016. Still built exactly the same and come with a steel plate to cover the shaker grates. I wonder why? :cool:
we really just wanted to upgrade from the hotblast 1557m smoke dragon at the time. Now we've (wife and I) have been considering getting an owb since I started building the shop. So I kinda put indoor forced air furnace shopping on hold.

I've not had luck anywhere else, so I thought I'd try here. I am trying to find a lyman Model 53D peep type sight, or at least the mount for one to put on a very early Savage über/unter 24 for the grandson. A similar model from another manufacturer would be fine also. You all seem to be into a lot of the same things I like, so with the giant brain trust here, maybe someone has one or knows someone with lots of 50-100 year old parts. I've been looking for years on nug broker and flea bay, and from time to time on other websites/contacts. Thanks, Y'all!

I've not had luck anywhere else, so I thought I'd try here. I am trying to find a lyman Model 53D peep type sight, or at least the mount for one to put on a very early Savage über/unter 24 for the grandson. A similar model from another manufacturer would be fine also. You all seem to be into a lot of the same things I like, so with the giant brain trust here, maybe someone has one or knows someone with lots of 50-100 year old parts. I've been looking for years on nug broker and flea bay, and from time to time on other websites/contacts. Thanks, Y'all!
Check Skinner Sights

Looking at some saws and but not sure he's gonna have a realistic price. He wantsView attachment 1164548 me to commit to a price per, sight unseen and he knows nothing at all about them.
Max $20 per saw Bob. And that's pushing it. Can't see all in the pic. Can't quite see the one past the Farmsaw but that might be a Remington 82 cc in monkey wards clothes.

Me either, if for no other reason than, tic tok is unamerican! lol

SR
They aren't doing anything Alphabet/Google, Facebook, Amazon, General Motors and 100s of thousands, of other companies aren't doing! Making money off us users by selling and/or exploiting our information for revenue... China could just as easily buy the information from Alphabet, et al. but by running their own social media they also make money through advertising... Only the hardcore Luddites are safe! Ted Kaczynski ring any bells? 🤪

They aren't doing anything Alphabet/Google, Facebook, Amazon, General Motors and 100s of thousands, of other companies aren't doing! Making money off us users by selling and/or exploiting our information for revenue... China could just as easily buy the information from Alphabet, et al. but by running their own social media they also make money through advertising... Only the hardcore Luddites are safe! Ted Kaczynski ring any bells? 🤪
I like to make that as difficult as possible for them, why I run a VPN on the front end. Life was so much simpler pre Internet.

Looking at some saws and but not sure he's gonna have a realistic price. He wantsView attachment 1164548 me to commit to a price per, sight unseen and he knows nothing at all about them.
Most of those are worth near zero, I will back FS's recommendation of 20 bucks each if he insists on a price ahead of time.

Latest posts

Back