Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked in my shop today, so I cut up some "mostly pine" slab wood, for the woodstove in there,

Resized-20240325-135338-S.jpg

It turned out to be a very nice day today, in the 60's.

SR

Right. I sold my first kubota as it was a manual, had manual steering, and only 2wd.

Occasionally I consider upgrading to a newer model until I look at prices. It's anvil reliable - mechanical injection and a clutch (which I prefer)
I converted to a quick attach system to be able to drop the bucket and use a set of forks. If I were to buy anything else it would probably be an older skid steer and just keep the tractor.

Saddened by the destruction of that LL Bean cotton shirt. Was my fav.
I understand that... I finally broke down and bought a new buffalo plaid wool jacket last fall. Best I can recall I got my old one about 50 years ago... Woolrich. I held it up to the light and could see a bunch of little holes have appeared. It has anything but vibrant colors these days. 😉 Filson had a 50% off sale so I got a jac-shirt in buffalo plaid... Filson at full price was not enticing so I hadn't pulled the trigger in years past... The new Woolrich aren't in the same league as those from 50 years ago. I'll keep using the Woolrich for things like cutting trees and firewood but the Filson is now my walking around and working jacket... it was time. 😉

Occasionally I consider upgrading to a newer model until I look at prices. It's anvil reliable - mechanical injection and a clutch (which I prefer)
I converted to a quick attach system to be able to drop the bucket and use a set of forks. If I were to buy anything else it would probably be an older skid steer and just keep the tractor.
I work in tight quarters most often, so hydro works very well for me.
Back when I did my CDL test, I used a semi with "armstrong" power steering lol. The test of the guys in the class though I was crazy, it helped me to not oversteer, just like hooked on phonics, it worked for me :happy:.

Monday's will be the curse of me woke up this morning and the coffee maker refused to work would not heat the water at all ohm meter shows a open heating element so i had to make cowboy coffee this morning.

After work today i ventured to the local salvation army and brought this home for $5 and looks barely used. Hoping it lasts longer than the cheap pot from walmart.
1711432154341.png

Same problem my dad has, his old kubota is a good machine and never given much issues. But as he gets older, the stiff clutch and no power steering make him want a newer tractor, however the prices are just plain stupid.
I work in tight quarters most often, so hydro works very well for me.
Back when I did my CDL test, I used a semi with "armstrong" power steering lol. The test of the guys in the class though I was crazy, it helped me to not oversteer, just like hooked on phonics, it worked for me :happy:.
Ugg, the power steering line blew out in the truck I was using to test while doing the 90* dock. What a mess. Fourtonalty I was using one of the vo techs trucks so i had to swap it out for another. That sucked.
Be careful. You know what they say about PINE. :laugh:
Pot stirrer....

I regularly burn pine, works great for me, especially when I am home, keeps me from blowing through my good stuff.
I burn pine too, as does half the world. Not my preferred wood, and I won't chase it down as fire wood. If it's mixed in with some other wood I'm getting I take it with.

Latest posts

Back