Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to say it, but I never got my shorts in a bunch over the whole transvestite ******** campaign drama like some did, I've simply got better things to do.
I’m not a fan of them shoving it down our throats and inundating our children with that nonsense….

Dunno about Michigan, but here in NY it’s disgusting what they are doing

i was amazed how "real men" got so upset over a couple of beer cans that will never be on a store shelf .
but many of those same "men" fawn over some who bragged about being a sexual predator .
it is what it is ..........

we were told our boiler can burn any wood we can fit through the door and close it . even fresh/wet pieces IF there's a good bed of coals under it .
no worries about conifers ......
Which brand and model? OWBs will definitely burn wet wood but will do so at absolutely horrible efficiencies. I like cutting firewood but what I like even more is using as much of those BTU's being converted into heat for my living space and not for boiling off wet wood so it too can "burn".

I had a Central Boiler 6048 for 4 seasons and was continually shocked at the volume of wood that thing would eat.

I’m not a fan of them shoving it down our throats and inundating our children with that nonsense….

Dunno about Michigan, but here in NY it’s disgusting what they are doing
Didn't drink bud before or after the mess.
My go to is Yuengling always has been.

Didn't drink bud before or after the mess.
My go to is Yuengling always has been.
Heading to Huron, OH to go walleye fishing the first week of May. Planning on bringing back a few cases of Yuengling. In my opinion there isn't a better tasting beer at that price point. We can't get it here in Wisconsin.

Heading to Huron, OH to go walleye fishing the first week of May. Planning on bringing back a few cases of Yuengling. In my opinion there isn't a better tasting beer at that price point. We can't get it here in Wisconsin.
Yuengling Black and Tan is what i drink followed by Miller then PBR.

Is that a gasification boiler?
no , it's a standard/conventional version . going on heatmasters facebook page and the FB boiler page folks seem to be always having problems with their gasification units ... and having to take out and clean whatever those things in the back are looks to be a PITA . and gasification is VERY picky about wood , it must be VERY dry FWIU . our c150 will burn green wood and wet rotten wood (with a good coal bed) but they make a lot of moisture/tar/resin that i have to clean the gum off and out the exhaust tray and it's slot as well as on the bottom sides of the fire box . yeah . it's gonna be a pain to clean when we shut it down . the better half sprung this on me unexpectedly . but it does a dang fine job keeping all the house warm and the hot water ..... the hot water could scald a hog ! i expect next year to be MUCH better since i'll have some experience with it and plenty of dry/seasoned wood .

Any of you guys burn maple…I don’t think it’s to bad, especially if you cut it into a harder wood while burning
I burn it... both soft and hard. For social fires it's fine but I've found it needs constant feeding compared to oak and sound ash.

we were told our boiler can burn any wood we can fit through the door and close it . even fresh/wet pieces IF there's a good bed of coals under it .
no worries about conifers ......
One of my friends from school has a real old owb, him and his dad will burn about anything in it. Tires, trash, wood, coal, rail ties, phone poles.
we got a heatmaster c150 installed about 3 months ago by Eldon Yoder .
our home is only 900ish sq. ft.

What's your impression.

Latest posts

Back