Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with some of what you shared and disagree with some .
the spelling correction was a jab at you since i'm apparently not banned ... yet .

View attachment 1165030
That's how it works with most people, I thinks a problem when we all agree on everything.
Me saying you're banned was because you said you needed a break, no real mod powers in this keyboard warrior.

I came across some information that may be of use to some of us in the future. What led me to the information was a woodworker who cut their thumb almost completely off on a table saw. I sent it along for distribution to my woodworking club. I think the information could also be useful for chainsaw guys and anyone who is at risk of crush injuries to their hands. I'm sure many of us fall into those buckets!

The Hand Trauma Center Network: This is a network of medical facilities that have 24/7/365 hand trauma care available. Granted, like trauma centers in general, they tend to be located in areas with high population densities. That said, I'm 2 - 2 1/2 hours away from such a hand trauma center but it could well be worth the trip if things went bad. See a map at

https://www.assh.org/s/hand-trauma-center-network
Four years ago I damn near lost the tip of my finger when the chute end of my woodchipper came around while I was pulling a stuck log out from the cutter wheel. The chipper was off. When that chute assembly came around i was leaning the other way picking up the bolts to put it back together. My finger was just inside the opening. I did have heavy work gloves on. All I felt was a little pain when it clamped on me. I put the bolts back in and was going to go back to work. My glove felt pretty wet in the first finger hole. Needless to say the tip of my finger was hanging on by very little. A trip to the local ER was in order and they stitched it back on. Over the past two years I got the feeling back in that fingertip. In the Winter that finger gets cold. At least it has feeling and it is usable.

Attachments

• 20240327_104623.jpg
    20240327_104623.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 0
Check Skinner Sights
Thanks. I sent an inquiry to them and to williams. Will see if there is any response beside "What is a Model 24? or. "buy a new rifle and scrap that junk." The second is the response of the Stihl dealer when I took in my 015; only "saw" was in the place of "rifle."

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm actually quite tolerate, but don't "push" your crap on me.
Yeah, because a male and a female are the only way you get a kid, but it's those with an agenda that are deceiving them into thinking you can be something they are not and into mutilating themselves, it's sick!
I don't support child predators, I agree.
Your banned :laughing:.
Intolerant of your tolerance.
Must of struck a nerve there :drinkingcoffee::popcorn2:

There is that.... An out-of-network option and pre-approval might be needed if the center isn't a participating provider. Note that some, but not all, of the regional plans contract with bigger plans for national coverage so that could help too if you can cross a state line. Figuring out how to game it before hand is better than when you may not have a hand without the best care. 😉
Yeah, good insurance is expensive, and good hands priceless lol.
Yes it is... talking about the latest regulator murderers...
I got that in my feed from other guys. I don't sub to him, but I've watched many of his videos, some applicable while others not so much with him being out of the state/ region.

Latest posts

Back