Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Ruger 10/22 for a semi auto. In a bolt action .22 I have a Remington Targetmaster 513T, a Remington M541X, a CZ452 and an H&R M12 single shot. All of them are excellent shooters with the M12 being the heaviest with a huge bull barrel and being the most accurate.
I'd like a 10/22, not sure why I don't have one, oh yeah, someone sold the ones I've had :innocent: . But, a tack driver they are not. There was one on another forum I'm on for 500, it was totally decked out with kidd parts and a nice aftermarket stock. I've also considered one of the savages with a bull barrel in a bolt and a 5/10 shot mag, just haven't seen the deal when the starts align, maybe tomorrow during the eclipse 😅. I am ready to buy now, but I'm also not wanting to take away time from splitting this time of yr, so maybe the next rain day.

I don’t recall ever seeing removing the brake covers and cleaning mentioned in the saw maintenance sections of manuals… nor have I seen it done on saw maintenance videos on YouTube. Knowing what I know now that surprises me.
I'll let the pictures of my friends saw speak for themselves!IMG_20231129_132908139.jpgIMG_20231129_162805718.jpgIMG_20231129_162830392.jpg

I am not surprised at all... Were the the edges of the brake covers melted too? That, and the brake not functioning correctly on my 461 is what led me to pull things apart. It also led to me changing my maintenance process.
A little but salvageable after some surgery.

G'day fellers,

With winter approaching, I felt it was time to get my season's worth of firestarter organised. Since we had the house renovated, holes plugged and reinsulated we don't need the fire going overnight all the time which means many more re-lights. I had these candlebark rounds set aside for this purpose.

20240407_121652.jpg

Limby promptly started noodling around corners which was weird, wasn't doing that the other day when (cross) cutting. Instead I pulled out the MMWS 241 which did just fine. Most of the rounds I quartered, a few I noodled into cookies. One tank.

20240407_132808.jpg

After 2.5 tanks, got more than enough in the bag for the season, as long as Cowgirl doesn't go stealing it for her vege garden like she did last year.

20240407_143727.jpg

I did some more just for her then stacked the wood.

20240407_151322.jpg

I laid out the cookies too, they are nice to put on top to get the fire really hot, should be dry in a week or two.

20240407_151332.jpg

Fella selling this on marketplace for $100. I figure he'll probably take $40-$50 for it considering he doesn't know if it runs or not which means it doesn't.

What is it? lol

View attachment 1168144
It's a Homeliite.:laughing: @rarefish383 should know. Gear drive? so might be worth a bit more to the right person. My closest guess is a 770G.

G'day fellers,

With winter approaching, I felt it was time to get my season's worth of firestarter organised. Since we had the house renovated, holes plugged and reinsulated we don't need the fire going overnight all the time which means many more re-lights. I had these candlebark rounds set aside for this purpose.

View attachment 1168159

Limby promptly started noodling around corners which was weird, wasn't doing that the other day when (cross) cutting. Instead I pulled out the MMWS 241 which did just fine. Most of the rounds I quartered, a few I noodled into cookies. One tank.

View attachment 1168160

After 2.5 tanks, got more than enough in the bag for the season, as long as Cowgirl doesn't go stealing it for her vege garden like she did last year.

View attachment 1168161

I did some more just for her then stacked the wood.

View attachment 1168162

I laid out the cookies too, they are nice to put on top to get the fire really hot, should be dry in a week or two.

View attachment 1168163
With all those cookies and noodles your Cowstove shouldn't get hungry.:drinkingcoffee:

G'day fellers,

I like the multicolored granite in a mosaic pattern ... here's mine! My friend Harold and I did it all ... that is 22 tons of Granite that came out of Yonkers Quarry (no longer open). All hand cut with hammer and chisel. We did the front and both sides, so it looks like the whole house was done.

We only used Portland cement ... all mixed by hand (by me). It was a lot of work! (When you use Portland, it is stronger and you don't get any lime bleed, but it is harder to work with).

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_104659292_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230825_104659292_HDR.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230825_104736807_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230825_104736807_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Fella selling this on marketplace for $100. I figure he'll probably take $40-$50 for it considering he doesn't know if it runs or not which means it doesn't.

What is it? lol

View attachment 1168144
Theres a number of models that look very similar and I am not knowledgeable enough to tell the difference. But that bar is worth a few bucks I'd bet.

Hi guys. Having a good time in Arizona. National championship game tonight.

The final four games were fun. Granted both teams we were kind of rooting for lost but the best teams definitely won. Should be a great matchup tonight.

Didn't read the last 20 pages. Hoping I didn't miss anything out of the ordinary.

Which isn't much on a bota even with the tires filled.

The skidding winch on mine helps a ton, well a third of a ton 😆. Even so, it gets light on the back before the loader stops lifting. I figure I shouldn't be lifting anything that's got the tires off the ground with loaded tires and the winch on. I always say my tractor has more guts than butt.
My ballast weight is 900 pounds. I don't recall if I have lifted my rear end off the ground yet with that in place.

Latest posts

Back