Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, although I have.
You have much to learn young padawan, in time you will find that they can have them on young trees and older trees in the tops, but not on all the older trees. It's nice when they have none, but unfortunately that isn't always the case.

Precisely. It will all be added to the pile with the tractor as well :happy: . The last time I helped him/his grandmother out over there we had a massive fire :surprised3:.
View attachment 1176898

I burned all the brush from that maple this weekend, sorry about that 😆.
You could roast a marshmallow at 50 yds it looks like. That's a biggie! Well done Chipper. :cool: OT

Hi guys. We had a heckuva great fish fry yesterday. Blew away previous sales and profit records. The food was awesome too.

Last night was probably the greatest northern lights show that any of us in this area have ever seen. Here are a few photos I got from my dock and from a high spot on my way home. These are three second time time lapse cell phone photos and are completely unedited.

View attachment 1176498View attachment 1176500View attachment 1176502View attachment 1176503View attachment 1176504View attachment 1176505View attachment 1176506View attachment 1176507View attachment 1176508View attachment 1176509
We even saw Northern Lights clear down here in South Mississippi. Less than a mile from the Gulf of mexico. Very purple/fuschia here tool. A very rare occurance!

I think momma got killed or threw this little one out. Yesterday I was working on my JD X485 when it showed up a foot away from my foot, then wondered off. This morning it was at the bottom of our deck stairs when I went out to feed the birds. Shortly afterwards it was up near a concrete slab we have between the house and garage. I gave it some birdseed. Now I have a new friend. It sleeps curled up with its head tucked up under. My wife decided to feed it peanut butter, bread and some banana. It loves the banana the best.
Keep it around... they can be part of your security system:

Scrounged a bit of cherry today. Put the old Craftsman/Poulan countervibe to work.
A friend moved into a new house, a couple of cherries had to be cleared and he no longer heats with wood, so I came over to help clean the place up. 😀

Attachments

• IMG_4164.jpeg
    IMG_4164.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Scrounged a bit of cherry today. Put the old Craftsman/Poulan countervibe to work.
A friend moved into a new house, a couple of cherries had to be cleared and he no longer heats with wood, so I came over to help clean the place up. 😀
I need to get mine out and run it. I like it but never took the time to get it just right yet. I think it's running a tad lean.

Bad news. I'm signing out of this forum. Have had a medical incident and am basically blind. Hopefully one day I can rejoin the forum as I have enjoyed chatting with you. Do not reply to this message as I cannot read them.

This message was input by my sister on my behalf.
Bumping this as I had somehow missed this post and guessing a few others had as well.

Let me know once it's cut and split and I'm in!!!!! Lol
I took 3 trees.down a while back and offered them to several people. No one would take them if they had to cut cut them but one offered to. " help me out" once it was split and oh of course I'd have to bring it to them since they didn't have a truck. I almost got it all burned this year!

People are lazy.They want free wood that is dry,cut to length needed (or close to that) split & stacked in their yard ready to burn.I see that all the time here,they dont want to go to any effort at all,even for decent wood that is free for the taking with just a minimal amount of processing needed - usually just cut to short pieces,with little or no splitting needed except on stuff over 8"-10".Most homeowners even in town have a small gas or electric chain saw already,which would be perfect on the smaller stuff up to 8"-10" diameter anyway.

Not related in the least to wood, cast iron, guns, shops etc. We've been working through some minor issues with my tdi recently. I haven't been too worried about it with as busy as I've been. Some of the issues seemed to point to the injectors I was running, but everything checked out good. (Pop tested in speck, good spray pattern and injectors balance out within spec.) So I finally broke down and got another set, they are slightly bigger then what i was running and from a different vendor. My tuning guy messaged me last night that he was going to be working on my tune this week and to install the new injectors. So after work I got them in, took a base line drive with the old tune and data logged. Sent that off to him, got a tune revision loaded (it's actually 3 tune I can swap between on the lap top. Different things changed in each one to see what works the best.) Drove it this morning to work, and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Car always idled a bit rough, very light smoke at idle. It's very smooth now and not any smoke that I could detect. (Outside of the normal start up puff.) The car seemed more responsive to throttle input too. I didn't do any heavy throttle this morning, but so far it's looking like it won't smoke as much as with the old injectors. So hopefully I can manage to get the 45-47mpg I've recently been getting up to 50 mpg + have ample power on tap and not smoke like a pig whenever I cone down on the go pedal.

Afternoon fellas. I had a fun weekend camping with my boys at a Lutheran Pioneers outing. 14 kiddos and 2 adults. We went to a local rod and gun club's Kid Fishing Day with the kids. They all had a blast and won prizes. My middle boy won 3rd place in the big fish contest with a 19.75" rainbow.FB_IMG_17156128779119789.jpg
We also did a little river fishing and both my boys got into some hammer handle pike.20240511_171549.jpg20240511_165359.jpg

Afternoon fellas. I had a fun weekend camping with my boys at a Lutheran Pioneers outing. 14 kiddos and 2 adults. We went to a local rod and gun club's Kid Fishing Day with the kids. They all had a blast and won prizes. My middle boy won 3rd place in the big fish contest with a 19.75" rainbow.View attachment 1177086
We also did a little river fishing and both my boys got into some hammer handle pike.View attachment 1177087View attachment 1177088
Looks like a great time.
That bows nice!

Do they look like plants? LOL Locally sourced beef. A bit on the lean side but much cheaper and fresher than the store.

Cauliflower mock mashed is awesome. What's not to love about cauliflower, cheese, sour cream, butter, chives, and bacon..... Good thing I'm working alone today because they grant fragrant benefits the next day too LOLOLOL

Do they look like plants? LOL Locally sourced beef. A bit on the lean side but much cheaper and fresher than the store.

Cauliflower mock mashed is awesome. What's not to love about cauliflower, cheese, sour cream, butter, chives, and bacon..... Good thing I'm working alone today because they grant fragrant benefits the next day too LOLOLOL
What's not to like? ... cauliflower🤮.

Latest posts

Back