Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimR

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reminds me of an experience I had... I felled and bucked trees on a new segment of rail trail. An alternative sentencing crew from the probation department moved all the rounds to a location I could access with my truck. There were at least two cords of rounds in the pile so it would have taken me multiple trips to get it all. When I went back to get the wood it was GONE! Only a handful of people are authorized to be on that property with vehicles and none of them knew anything about it. So not only were the takers thieves but they criminally trespassed to do so! That took a lot of nerve as if not for a slight rise in the road a NYS Police barracks is within sight of the access point. Several of the authorized people have been stopped by the Troopers while driving on the trail so the Troopers know it's legally prohibited and they enforce it.

P.S. Given the make up of the alternative sentencing crew some refer to them as "The Drunk Squad."
They took it and sold it for booze.

JimR

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
For a few months I have been searching for a 2000 watt inverter generator. I found a 3500 watt last night and got it for $100. The guy had been using it on his camping trailer. He said that this year it just wouldn't start and bought a new Predator. I figured it was gas .related. Nope, no spark. The ignition plug on the back on the switch was not pushed in all the way. I thought I had it. Nope, still not firing. I pulled the front panel off and there was this 4 prong male plug just lying there. It came out of a relay somehow. This unit purrs now. He also just put a new battery in it. I'm happy it was something simple.

Attachments

• 1000000518.mp4
    43.1 MB
SS396driver
Also worked on the 72 truck today . Exhaust is just about done never did a shorty style header exhaust. Bought the Magnaflow 2 1/2 inch stainless x pipe full exhaust and two 2 1/2 inch stainless down pipes worked out well by using butt joint band clamps . Didn’t want to be welding things up . IMG_8428.jpegIMG_8431.jpegIMG_8432.jpeg

Cowboy254

Cowboy254

Compulsive scrounger
. AS Supporting Member.
Lee192233

Lee192233

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hope everyone is having a good week.
Been going thru a rough couple of weeks here. On 4 May a partner in crime of almost 30 years went to be with the Lord. This past Saturday was the Viewing/Funeral, lunch and Graveside service. I sang this song acapella:

I used that as part of the eulogy I gave.
Heading to the kitchen now for some CIT. (Cast Iron Therapy) Have a good one all of you. I hope that the sorrows in your lives are few and far between.

I'm very sorry for your loss, losing a loved one is always tough.

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
Didn't get all the lath on the rafters yesterday. Wife got off work early and I ended up doing some honey do chores. Supposed to start raining later this afternoon, so hopefully once I get off o can get the rest of the lath up quickly amd get some panels on before the rain. I'd really rather not have to move all the osb sheets into the shop that I tossed on the floor of room side of the lean to.

Lee192233

Lee192233

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
We finally got parts for the Porsche Cayman GT4 last Friday so I started rebuilding the calipers. We don't normally rebuild calipers, this is more an upgrade. The factory pistons are aluminum with a ceramic puck that contacts the pad. The ceramic is prone to breaking and the factory dust boots can't handle the heat of track days. We also upgrade the brake fluid to Castrol SRF which has a wet boiling point of 518° F. This car has 8300 miles of track use.
20240517_113929.jpg20240517_113937.jpg20240517_114629.jpg
16" rotors
20240517_115102.jpg
Front wheel hub with the Centerlock nut. Torque spec is 470ish ft. lb.
20240517_115237.jpg20240517_134937.jpg

djg james

djg james

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Missed Opportunity

Found a 2 hour old CL ad last night (while raining) for free Hickory. Emailed them and said I'd be there by 8A. Didn't want to go too early. Emailed this morning at 7:30A to make sure it was still there. Told' Yes'. I get there and some SOB is guarding it said he's a neighbor and a friend of his son had already taken a load and was coming back for the rest. PI$$Ed me off.
Should never reply to curb alerts I guess.

Sorry for the rant.

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
Missed Opportunity

Found a 2 hour old CL ad last night (while raining) for free Hickory. Emailed them and said I'd be there by 8A. Didn't want to go too early. Emailed this morning at 7:30A to make sure it was still there. Told' Yes'. I get there and some SOB is guarding it said he's a neighbor and a friend of his son had already taken a load and was coming back for the rest. PI$$Ed me off.
Should never reply to curb alerts I guess.

Sorry for the rant.
We really need an angry emoji for these situations.

djg james

djg james

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Didn't get all the lath on the rafters yesterday. Wife got off work early and I ended up doing some honey do chores. Supposed to start raining later this afternoon, so hopefully once I get off o can get the rest of the lath up quickly amd get some panels on before the rain. I'd really rather not have to move all the osb sheets into the shop that I tossed on the floor of room side of the lean to.
How far apart are your rafters? For drywall? Around here everyone puts drywall directly to the 2' centered ceiling joists. I've seen them put up lath on ceilings on 'This Old House' but never understood why.

Latest posts