Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We really need an angry emoji for these situations.
They used to have one on here, but a couple people (who did nothing but troll OT and PR) got butthurt when others always did it to them.

There also used to be a "negative rep" aka "thumbs down" reaction that was also applied to said individuals. Admin took it away after a while but those folks had negative reaction score so it took years for them to get up the a "zero" reaction score. LOL

The good old days...lol

They used to have one on here, but a couple people (who do nothing but troll OT and PR) got butthurt when others always did it to them.

There also used to be a "thumbs down" reaction that was applied to said individuals. Admin took it away after a while but those folks had negative reaction score so it took years for them to get up the a "zero" reaction score. LOL
I think they should have a 'Richard Noggin" one, I could design it for you. But then that would probably get removed too :laugh: .

I think they should have a 'Richard Noggin" one, I could design it for you. But then that would probably get removed too :laugh: .
Yeah wouldn't fly under the new administration for sure. They seem to react more quickly to things. To their credit they don't let a few people get away with way too much like the old regime did, especially if said poop-stirrers were arrogant saw builders from southern states.

How far apart are your rafters? For drywall? Around here everyone puts drywall directly to the 2' centered ceiling joists. I've seen them put up lath on ceilings on 'This Old House' but never understood why.
2' centers. The lath is just used to cross the rafters and fasten the metal roofing, nothing to do with the "finished" side. In the room side of the lean to, it will get a vapor barrier, insulated and finished with boards. No plans for any drywall in the shop.

I have my tractor with rotary cutter all loaded up,

Resized-20240521-140030-S.jpg

to head to a big job that will last quite a while, rotary cutting at a tree farm. I always enjoy doing tractor jobs at this place!

SR

They used to have one on here, but a couple people (who did nothing but troll OT and PR) got butthurt when others always did it to them.

There also used to be a "negative rep" aka "thumbs down" reaction that was also applied to said individuals. Admin took it away after a while but those folks had negative reaction score so it took years for them to get up the a "zero" reaction score. LOL

The good old days...lol
The good old days 🤣🤣🤣

Also worked on the 72 truck today . Exhaust is just about done never did a shorty style header exhaust. Bought the Magnaflow 2 1/2 inch stainless x pipe full exhaust and two 2 1/2 inch stainless down pipes worked out well by using butt joint band clamps . Didn’t want to be welding things up . View attachment 1178916View attachment 1178917View attachment 1178918
That is a pretty slick setup. Had to re-do a chunk of exhaust on my son's truck the other day. Ended up being about 65 bucks worth of pipe, clamps, and reducers to go from the 3" collection pipe down into the standard 2 1/4" pipe. It is crazy how expensive all of the components are these days.

@WoodAbuser. Somehow I missed your earlier post. So sorry to hear of your loss. I recently lost my brother so I know your pain.

Sorry to hear that too, FS. I suppose grandparents, then parents, they pass on and you can accept that - provided they had a full life. When your siblings depart...that has to be hard. They are your closest relatives, after all.

You go through phases in life - the 18th birthdays, 21st birthdays, weddings, but then you lose grandparents, 40th birthdays, 50ths, then start losing parents/aunts/uncles. Etcetera.

For myself, I have taken the good times for granted historically but have lost 2 aunts and a close neighbour in the last 6 weeks, and you realise that the good times don't last forever, you have to make the most of them while you can, with the people you love.

I wish you all the best, Steve.

@svk. Our little town is exploding with population and everyone is bit(#ing about traffic. Had to steal a phrase from our old buddy and tell them. DON'T MOVE HERE! :laughing:
With the weather turning hotter amd living near Mt Gretna traffic had exploded on Mt Wilson rd. Township doesn't care, state doesn't care cops wont do anything. Hard enough to pull out from the lane so as it is without the hammer heads going 70mph in a 40 mph zone. Can't tell you how many close calls we've had from people flying around the turn and you can't see them till your 3/4 the way out in traffic.

That is a pretty slick setup. Had to re-do a chunk of exhaust on my son's truck the other day. Ended up being about 65 bucks worth of pipe, clamps, and reducers to go from the 3" collection pipe down into the standard 2 1/4" pipe. It is crazy how expensive all of the components are these days.
Ya my engine swap on it has snowballed . The stainless pipe is crazy now . The Magnaflow exhaust was $900 and the two down pipes were close to $200 . Have more in the upgrades than I paid for the truck 5 years ago

With the weather turning hotter amd living near Mt Gretna traffic had exploded on Mt Wilson rd. Township doesn't care, state doesn't care cops wont do anything. Hard enough to pull out from the lane so as it is without the hammer heads going 70mph in a 40 mph zone. Can't tell you how many close calls we've had from people flying around the turn and you can't see them till your 3/4 the way out in traffic.
I turned onto the highway yesterday from a county road and there was nobody coming. Within 20 seconds all I could see in my rearview mirror was a bowtie from some brand new jacked up truck. When people tailgate me, I definitely don’t speed up. Lol.

Shortly down the road he passed me on a corner with traffic on coming. Hopefully he made it to where he was going on time lol

We have the mini van invasion every summer . People from Brooklyn mostly who feel the can drive or park anyway they want .

Back