Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy heck @H-Ranch those are some huge splits, those must be heading to the owb for a good overnight 🔥.
The double length ones? Got quite a few already cut that length by the tree service - mostly from quartered 24" oak logs. (He apparently has a HUGE splitter and envisioned getting into the firewood business so he had started processing some of it... but I think he found out that he can cut trees and make more money.) Anyway, I tried to split the first couple and they went pretty easy so I figured I'd save a little work. I do love stacking and burning poles and splits that are ~40".

Ha! I teach children with Autism at a public middle school here. More of a funny/sarcastic comment than anything . Hardly a grammar policeman.
That's awesome, one of my star students tested on the spectrum.
I know, I thought it was funny myself, I was totally joking too :).
My older daughter has a unique genetic disorder and there are associations/links to both Intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder. She is a 11 and my side kick for sure. She loves to hang and watch when I split wood and is SUPER quick to spot any wood scrounging opportunities when we are driving!
Sounds like you have a great helper there, it also sounds like your helper was set up with the right teacher :yes:.

We cut 16" but if you can feed longer wood that definitely helps extend chain life with less cutting.
It does, but after cutting 16 for many yrs, I have a hard time cutting longer. Those loads I cut fro my buddy today were a perfect example, I would start out at 20", but a few pieces later I was at 16 lol.

Never met an “Arborist” that stands under a falling tree and never looks up. Good thing he didn’t look up, just standing there it would have got him in the Eye.
Yea that was the craziest thing I've seen in a long time. I can't believe it pierced his helmet. Are all helmets like that?

Latest posts

Back