Sea_Foam really decarbon 4 cycle engine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 5hp Tecumseh on a Gokart, and as you may know a Gokart is terrible about carbon buildup because there is alot of idling, accelerating, but little wide open running which is what raises head temps, and burns off carbon.

I was having problems with excessive buildup, so I started putting Sea-Foam in my gas, and I never had to pull the head again!

I love it. I use it in my car, truck, all my equipment.

Perhaps one of the most anti-snake oil guys there is, but Sea-Foam user.

A&P technician since the late 80's and have used Sea Foam in A/C as it is allowed by the FAA .

My Statement, Sea Foam dose every thing that it says it dose.

100 percent agreed

I have used a couple bottles of the marvel mystery oil in my Bronco with a 302. It stopped the smoking but that is about to be corrected via rebuild.

Anyone use Marvel Mystery Oil? They have been arround like...forever!!!

Yes, I've used MMO too, but the two products (Seafoam & MMO) do not compare, they serve different purposes. I would consider MMO more for upper cylinder lubrication, like 2 cycle oil.....only different while Seafoam is a superior detergent for cleaning out crappola in fuel systems and combustion chambers.

If ya wanna use both....go ahead!

I went out and bought it already, The instruction said you can even use it in 2 cycle engines. Can I use it in my Shindaiwa C4 blower according to instruction of 1oz per gallon of 91 octane?

Do I need to put Stabil anymore?

How often I tread the gas?

Read the MSDS for Seafoam.... The "IPA" is Isopropal Alcohol. Sure it will help clean your fuel system and small amount of water from the gas, but the the rest is in the eyes of the beholder.

Read the MSDS for Seafoam.... The "IPA" is Isopropal Alcohol. Sure it will help clean your fuel system and small amount of water from the gas, but the the rest is in the eyes of the beholder.

Hi Lakeside 53

good to hear from you. What is MSDS? What's wrong about IPA? I imagine it's better than acid stuff that Stihl decarbonizer contain, is this true??
Thanks

Hi Lakeside 53

good to hear from you. What is MSDS? What's wrong about IPA? I imagine it's better than acid stuff that Stihl decarbonizer contain, is this true??
Thanks

IPA is alcohol. Someone needs to tell me how pale oil, naptha and IPA can stop carbon.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/pdf/MSDS_SFTT_US.pdf

You don't mix EDTA in the fuel! If you need a decarbonizer you are doing something wrong with gas/mix/whatever. Just use good fresh gas with synthetic mix oil and forget about it. Stihl mix oil has stabalizer in it.

Last edited:
All I know is my JD riding mower had carbon build up. When hot and
shut it off, back fire big time. I put SF in spray bottle, pulled air breather,
while running sprayed SF in carb to point of almost killing the engine,
Done this about 5 times 6th time sprayed enough to kill it. 45 min.
later fired it up, no more back fire.......I think I had so much carbon
it was starting to scale up, get hot and ignite fuel after key was shut off.

All I know is my JD riding mower had carbon build up. When hot and
shut it off, back fire big time. I put SF in spray bottle, pulled air breather,
while running sprayed SF in carb to point of almost killing the engine,
Done this about 5 times 6th time sprayed enough to kill it. 45 min.
later fired it up, no more back fire.......I think I had so much carbon
it was starting to scale up, get hot and ignite fuel after key was shut off.

You can do the same thing with water, or ATF, or any other liquid.

Back