Searching for John Deere 8 (mighty mite)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for a John Deere 8 (A remington Mighty Mite in green clothes).

As you can probably tell by my avatar, I am a fan of JD. My Dad, however, is a bigger fan than I'll ever be. His toy tractor collection is insane and also has lots of other things in it, but no chainsaws. I don't think he has room for a big ole JD chainsaw, but I ran across an ad for this little sucker and now I just have to have one! I'm probably too late to get it to him for this Christmas, but I'd like to see what I can dig up.

anyone have one, working or not? This thread is meant to be more than a Classified: Wanted type of thing. I'm truly interested in getting an understanding of how many are out there (I've never seen one), whether the parts are completely interchangeable with the Remington version, and whether this is a realistic endeavor.

I did find one Mighty Might going on ebay, but no luck on the JD 8...

mighty mite

I just bought the remington red version off ebay, NIB for $81. I have a couple others in red and blue(in pieces right now), but it was the first saw I ever used so not ready to part with any. There used to be a logger in my area that used them for limbing. That little saw has a lot of power for it's size.

I have seen them on ebay a couple times, you will find one. Somebody on here restored the red version and there is a good thread on it. Good luck with your search.

I just bought the remington red version off ebay, NIB for $81. I have a couple others in red and blue(in pieces right now), but it was the first saw I ever used so not ready to part with any. There used to be a logger in my area that used them for limbing. That little saw has a lot of power for it's size.

I have seen them on ebay a couple times, you will find one. Somebody on here restored the red version and there is a good thread on it. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll just keep waiting and watching. What branding was on the blue one? I haven't researched it enough, I figured there were only the red and green versions...

... This thread is meant to be more than a Classified: Wanted type of thing.

Danno, there are sub-forums for this type of thread, the Swap Meet thread and (as you mentioned :msp_rolleyes:) the Classifieds.

Sincerely,

A. Richard :msp_ohmy: Cranium

Danno, there are sub-forums for this type of thread, the Swap Meet thread and (as you mentioned :msp_rolleyes:) the Classifieds.

Sincerely,

A. Richard :msp_ohmy: Cranium

I said "more than a classifieds wanted..." which is why I posted it here.

I have a couple of the common red ones, one of them was my fathers. I also have one of them that has the Canadian Tire LOGO and paint on it, I let one go to Ontario that was a light orange color.

I'm looking for a John Deere 8 (A remington Mighty Mite in green clothes).

As you can probably tell by my avatar, I am a fan of JD. My Dad, however, is a bigger fan than I'll ever be. His toy tractor collection is insane and also has lots of other things in it, but no chainsaws. I don't think he has room for a big ole JD chainsaw, but I ran across an ad for this little sucker and now I just have to have one! I'm probably too late to get it to him for this Christmas, but I'd like to see what I can dig up.

anyone have one, working or not? This thread is meant to be more than a Classified: Wanted type of thing. I'm truly interested in getting an understanding of how many are out there (I've never seen one), whether the parts are completely interchangeable with the Remington version, and whether this is a realistic endeavor.

I did find one Mighty Might going on ebay, but no luck on the JD 8...

i've owned a model 8 for allmost 18 years, i sold it this summer, sorry, it still ran and looked good :cry:

So they do exist, they are out there? Curious of what yours went for. You don't have to divulge if you don't want to, or if you just don't wanna publicly announce it, you could PM me.

I have most of a JD 12 (based on the Remington SL-9). Would that work instead?

Yorksaws027.jpg

That 12/SL-9 looks kinda like an SXL. I went on Acres to check it out and I had a chuckle when I saw this:

4.32E6

So they do exist, they are out there? Curious of what yours went for. You don't have to divulge if you don't want to, or if you just don't wanna publicly announce it, you could PM me.

wasn't much, $40. i think, my saw choices have changed big time throughout the last few years, i do still have a few remys, none under the jd lable anymore, good luck on finding one :cheers:

We have a JD 91 that looks similar sitting on the shelf. Tiny little thing my wife's dad bought for her to help cut wood. Is this a larger version of the 8?

We have a JD 91 that looks similar sitting on the shelf. Tiny little thing my wife's dad bought for her to help cut wood. Is this a larger version of the 8?
Acresinternet seems to say its the exact same size based off of the same saw. Maybe just a slightly newer version.

And an 81 and 61 seem to be the same size, too. Thanks for making me look that up, expands my options. Is yours green or yellow?

yes, classic John Deere colors. Nice tractor in your Avitar, is it an A?

Thank you. 1948 B. Dad has a 36 A that will be mine someday. He's a farmer, so he has more JDs than that, but the A is his only "Antique"

Latest posts

Back