Sears runs then dies, stumped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plastic case was designed for rubber lines to go through the case into the tank. The Tygon style lines fit on the carb and fuel accessories fine but end up being too small for the transition through to the tank. The difference is pretty small, and there is still a little drag from resistance against the plastic case, but they still leak enough to foul the swtich.

5E23C07D-879E-41A6-B58E-0DD3F854D0FD.jpeg
The plastic case was designed for rubber lines to go through the case into the tank. The Tygon style lines fit on the carb and fuel accessories fine but end up being too small for the transition through to the tank. The difference is pretty small, and there is still a little drag from resistance against the plastic case, but they still leak enough to foul the swtich.
They make lines in many different sizes. My guess is you used the wrong size line and need a line with a bigger OD.

Okie. Luckily it wasn't torn in a critical area. Good tip to know!!!

Sitting there, the saw does not nessecarily keep leaking... but it does leak awhile after operation.... I disagree with the fact that over oiling is better. There is a point where the oil sludge becomes problematic and plugs up the saw like this one. The plus side... This is the same bar on a saw thats been used for 20 years or more haha. I don't know.

Boomer...Yes dad loves this saw. When it broke he replaced with an MS290 but he much preferred this one still. Someone stole the 290 so now he has a saw again for 20 years hopefully.

That's cause it's just a better saw.

Latest posts

Back