seasoned hickory

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U2bwolfb4

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
howdy, I have 5 cord of seasoned hickory, cut to 16 inch length, have about 40% in split's an 60% in round, avg. 4 to 6 inch avg. anybody know what a good price would be to sell to the B.B.Q joints, the new track of timber, just got will avg that or more this season, I have been mixing it in with my bundles, but now starting to get to much stockpiled, I have also cut some hickory blanks, they look good but no idea where to sell them.. is 375.00 a cord, sound right.. any input,, u2bwolfb4

It's great wood for that.
Just contact BBQ joints to find out what they buy it for then offer them some a bit cheaper.
They probably pay retail prices and someone should be happy to make a deal with you.
St. Louis should have tons of BBQ joints. You guys are famous for your great BBQ.
I love hickory. Not much around here though. Mostly maple and Red Oak near me.
Good Luck and tell us how you make out.

I've only sold around a dozen hickory heartwood bundles this winter for cookwood, but I got 6 clams a bundle, double what I get for oak firewood. That's a 3/4 cubic foot bundle. I was using my chopsaw to make fist size chunks but broke it, plus it's sorta dangerous once the splits get small.

If you can get 375 a cord loose and dumped, heck ya that should work.

well, it's done. the hickory is down the road. I settled for 345.00 a cord for it, with the deal the buyer comes and gets it.. I'll help load of course, not a bad way to kick off the new firewood season, plus I just got a new timber sale, 10 acres of white oak, with dia, avg. 12 inchs on stump, not a lot splitting, but some of the best looking fireplace logs, that I seen in a coon's age,, well see ya in the woods u2bwolfb4

Back