Secondary screening for stump grinding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some of these that are store bought. I do most of my work in high end residential neighborhoods with pools or hadite instead of mulch and I must start keeping the chips contained. I want a fancy one, where do I get one? I cannot seem to find anything on Ebay or the www?

Build your own like on the first page of this thread. I did and it took me about 4-5 hours and cost about $60 for all the materials including a PVC carrier. All available at Lowe's/Home Depot.

Build your own like on the first page of this thread. I did and it took me about 4-5 hours and cost about $60 for all the materials including a PVC carrier. All available at Lowe's/Home Depot.

Would you post a pic of yours for me? That would be too great and then I could build one to... (Sorry, had to) too) two?)

I use sheets of plywood about 4' square hinged with rope.(4 holes per edge) They will free stand with the hinge verticle or with the hinge on top. My current stumper is an RC100 with a Mlller grinder. If I don't shield it, it will trash the yard and the neighbors.
hr

I need some of these that are store bought. I do most of my work in high end residential neighborhoods with pools or hadite instead of mulch and I must start keeping the chips contained. I want a fancy one, where do I get one? I cannot seem to find anything on Ebay or the www?

there is an AD in the TREE TRADER , for a stump grinding screen.. i think its $285 ... i threw the last issue out..

there is an AD in the TREE TRADER , for a stump grinding screen.. i think its $285 ... i threw the last issue out..

I made one like described in page one. It works great.

2008-09-29001.jpg

2008-09-29001.jpg

scott , that looks like it will work as good as the in the TREE TRADER....what is the screen material you are using ? looks a lot easier that leaning sheets of plywood all over the place !!!

scott , that looks like it will work as good as the in the TREE TRADER....what is the screen material you are using ? looks a lot easier that leaning sheets of plywood all over the place !!!

The green material is awning screen found in the garden section at home depot.

Total cost was about $60 and took me about 3 hours to make it all.

The green material is awning screen found in the garden section at home depot.

Total cost was about $60 and took me about 3 hours to make it all.

thanks,, i was looking at buying a big tent, and cutting it in half..getting the poles and stakes with it.... but it doesn't come in that much cheaper, than the premade screen...

was going to use poly tarps,,but, once you unfold them ,, they take up ten times the space, then the little flat package they came in !!!!!!

that stuff roll up easy ???? thanks stumps

Man, I now know what my next improvement project will be. Thanks for sharing that idea, Scott.

As well as the factory made guards I've also started using the same green mesh as Scott, I use 10mm dia. steel rods 64" long with 4" piece welded on 10" from the bottom of the rod so you use your foot to push the rod into the ground. Found 4 rods at 4 ft apart is ideal and use cable ties to attach the mesh to rods. For glass I've started to use the suction cups that window fitters would use, put them on window and hang furniture blankets from them to absorb any stray stones that escape any other guarding !!

2008-09-29001.jpg

That is great!! I agree the Sandvik doesn't throw much but you can never be too careful.

How are you finding your tracks do on lawns? I know you didn't have to drive on that yard but how would it do on a yard like that if you did have to drive around?

That is great!! I agree the Sandvik doesn't throw much but you can never be too careful.

How are you finding your tracks do on lawns? I know you didn't have to drive on that yard but how would it do on a yard like that if you did have to drive around?

I LOVE the tracks. The machine is HEAVY. It's 4,300 lbs. The tracks help displace all that weight. The turning really isn't that big of a deal as long as I'm not just skidding it around or doing 180s.

Most of the stump work is done behind tree work where the yard is already DESTROYED from a bucket truck or skid steer.

On the nice lawns, I just have to do gradual turn or a series of forward and back turns.

Once to the stump, if it's of any decent size, I can turn to go to the next stump up on the chip pile and not damage any lawn.

I always look for the most direct path to the stump and the tracks help with that. I often am driving right over the curb from the street and it does great.

Not what I wanted to hear - you are going to cost me some money! I have to learn to stay off the internet - especially Ebay!!

Not what I wanted to hear - you are going to cost me some money! I have to learn to stay off the internet - especially Ebay!!

Here ya go. I'll help you out even more. Mine will get thru this with the push of a button:

2008-09-29057.jpg

2008-09-29058.jpg

and still grind these in about 35-40 minutes:

2008-09-29048.jpg

:greenchainsaw:

G'day GR8 SCOTT,

I have a Carlton SP 4012 in Aus, I see the cover over top of wheel is back in the pic. where you are on the root mass.

Mine was a pain in the A... and I started tying it up, then took it off.

How are you finding that feature of the machine.

Nice looking machine mate, wish I could have to business demand to have one of those track machines as well!!

regards to all in the US.

ps

(The Aus $ was worth up to 96c US month ago, now about 67cUS. Hope every one over there hangs in and goes OK if it gets tighter)

Latest posts

Back