Seeking Central Mass Logging Input/referrals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon.O

Reaction score
I have around 50 acres of land in Central Mass and am looking for some recommendations for loggers. This is the first time I'm overseeing the project so to speak, although the land has been in forestry for 30 years. We will be cutting for sawlogs and cord wood. Of course being a relative newbie to forestry and logging I want to make sure I do not get taken advantage of and want to find a logger I can trust.

Any input or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance!

My advice would be to do an internet search or search the phonebook to find a consulting forester in your area. In general, they will be able to cruise your timber, mark what trees to harvest, mark boundaries, skid trails, water crossings etc. They can give you a fairly accurate value for your timber based on information from near by mills and published stumpage reports. They can draft a contract and list the timber sale so logging companies can bid on it, and many know what logging contractors are most reputable. This all comes at a price of course, but I'm not sure what the going rate is. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back