Seeping Joint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RON58

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last night I spotted a damp spot at a fitting hole. Actually the plug where a domestic coil would go. Think its like 4". is there any kind of boiler stop leak ? Just want to get by till the off season and then fix it right.

Candle wicking...the plumber's best friend! Old-school hardware stores should have this....find the exact spot on the threads where the leak is, drive some in with a small screwdriver.

Copper Fitting Seeping Joint

Anything work for a sweated copper joint that drips every 10 min or so?

Otherwise I figured I'd wait 2-3 weeks and see if it plugs itself up.

steel fittings

will generally rust themselves shut soon/.
Copper is not going to rust.Copper is soft Male adapters tend to be the worse about leaking. Use teflon tape and thread sealant putty for best results.

Leak

Might try some J-B Weld on it as a temp. fix. Sometimes it works sometimes not. When I was still a cub in the trade (I'm, 74 now.) the old farts used flax seed mill,and sodium silicate? also called water glass. There was one guy said they also used horse manure. Yes, when he was younger there were still horses in St. Louis. Something to remember-- cold water leaks are harder to fix than hot water leaks.

JB Has this stuff called WaterWeld, we fixed 4 leaks on our CL 75 around the door with it, vids soon. The stuff is amazing, goes on with water spraying out and seals it up.

Latest posts

Back