Self Control Loses Out: My 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A local dealer had their saws on sale and I wanted to pick one up before the non-cat ones were gone. Got them to sell it PHO and throw in the hat to boot! Going out to put it in some wood. :chainsaw:

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

Sorry, Boyd. :(

I like dawgs on all my saw. It makes them look more lethal.

That is a good looking saw and the vast majority of the reports on them give it a pretty good rating.

Does the choke lever also serve as the on/off switch.

If not I'd be in big trouble because after years of running Shindaiwa's I'd be constantly hitting that switch to kill the saw.

Post some more pics when you put it to the wood:clap:

I thought that was where you mount the kick stand so it doesnt do the fish flop thing?

LOL but thats one fast cutting fish. I was disappointed to see my beautiful silver clutch cover get scuffed due to it being on its side all the time.

Seriously though, Nice saw Wendell

Does the choke lever also serve as the on/off switch.

Not quite, but close, as when you pull the choke lever (blue), it puts the ignotion switch (orange) at "on" (they are co-located). In order to turn it off, you just push the orange tab down.

It actually is one of the best, if not the best, system ever designed! :)

on my 350 pulling out the blue choke also sets the throttle at a high idle for starting, which goes back to idle when you blip it.

Nice saw:clap:I lost the dogs on my 346,you don't need them.And as far as the 346 tipping over,thats the way it was designed so when you lay it down on uneven ground it goes over on the clutch side and doesn't suck crap in because the recoil is up in the air:cheers:

Nice saw:clap:I lost the dogs on my 346,you don't need them.And as far as the 346 tipping over,thats the way it was designed so when you lay it down on uneven ground it goes over on the clutch side and doesn't suck crap in because the recoil is up in the air:cheers:

LMAO, do you really think it was designed to fall over on its clutch side?
Alot of their new saws are like that, 445,450, I think they just fall over because husky didnt give a crap if they set nice and level like a saw should!

I hate you

Don't hate me because my saw is beautiful. :chainsaw:

Thanks, everyone! All I can say is what an amazing saw!! :clap: I wish I would've gotten it a long time ago. I can't even imagine what it is going to be like once it is broke in and tuned up. I can see why people are so passionate about this saw.

And, I love the hat, too. :hmm3grin2orange:

They are little bundles of chain turning joy, aren't they...BUT

OMG, do you really believe that? I thought them Huskerredlons didn't care how much they suck up, that turbo centri cleaner thing removed all the debris and left only rose perfumed ionized air for the saw to burn. Next thing you know, they'll try out some new fangled chain brake gimmick. Might call it Tres Frenar (Third brake), sell some more in Mexico and Spain that way.

Oh, they already have Trio? What will they think of next, shiney 3D stickers, whoops, sorry again...

A local dealer had their saws on sale and I wanted to pick one up before the non-cat ones were gone. Got them to sell it PHO and throw in the hat to boot! Going out to put it in some wood. :chainsaw:

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

Sorry, Boyd. :(

Dang man!! You beat me to the punch with the hat!! Yah, I got one just like it!! Its a cool cap...:clap:

Alot of their new saws are like that, 445,450, I think they just fall over because husky didnt give a crap if they set nice and level like a saw should!

Mowoodchopper, does your 385 fall over? Mine never did.:clap:

Yeah, fat arses always stay put. But those slim Swedish arses like to move around....:D :cheers:

Back