Sell me your complete mini mac 35!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got most of a 35 + the b&c excellent compression, I sold the clutch cover off of it last week $10 + shipping.

I've got a well used looking 110/130 that's complete but has a broken chainbrake lever (CB still works). Will shoot a pic of it today. Also have an extrememly low-time 110/130 that's disassembled and in a box somewhere. Missing the carb and fuel tank (and maybe a screw or two). Bar and chain and engine (and everything else, except for the carb and tank) are in great shape. It was given to me about 20 years ago by a guy that had ran it once then left it to sit with fuel in it. I took it apart and the carb was one of those plastic/metal Zamas. Tank and carb were more gummed up than anything I've seen before or since. Had 'em soaking......................and left them so long that the plastic was ruined. Tossed the tank and carb. Boxed the rest and forgot about it.

Now I just need to find the box that it's been hiding in. Haven't seen it since we moved three years ago. Really want to find said box because it also has some old large frame McCulloch stuff in it too. Right now all I have access to are the first MM I mentioned (with the broken CB lever), plus the yellow plastic carrying case and the bar/chain from the disassembled (and currently AWOL) carbless low-time saw. I'll let you know when I find it. When I do, you can have it all for shipping plus the cost of a few beers.

NO, PICK ME, I can do better! I'll send it for the cost of ONE BEER! Wait, make that a sip of beer! Just a sip!

To the O.P.

Man you sure are looking to hate something aren't you.

THOSE THINGS ARE DA DEBIL!!!!!!!

I have 2. Both of them have been given to me by people that wanted to learn how to hate a saw.

They gave them to me so I would learn too.

Notice the parts can!!

mac%25206a.JPG

This one was just thrown out.

mac%2520110.JPG

Good luck and wear a helmet so when you bang your head on a brick wall it wont hurt as bad.:bang:

TTT..... Looking back on this thread I now have a bunch of these saws that i fixed that are working and ready to go. (And a crap load of MM parts in boxes). A bunch of people on AS have glady sent them to me for FREE or the cost of shipping, you guys were right on that. You were wrong at the fact that I would hate these saws, its completely opposite. So if you got some busted up MM's or ones that arent worth your time send me a PM.

I would rather work on a MM than a homie 150 any day of the week:msp_scared:

TTT..... Looking back on this thread I now have a bunch of these saws that i fixed that are working and ready to go. (And a crap load of MM parts in boxes). A bunch of people on AS have glady sent them to me for FREE or the cost of shipping, you guys were right on that. You were wrong at the fact that I would hate these saws, its completely opposite. So if you got some busted up MM's or ones that arent worth your time send me a PM.

I have a serviceable piston w/rings and cylinder you can have for the postage.

I got it from Chainsawr a two years ago before I knew the difference between Eager Beaver 2.0 and Mac 2014.

Carl.

I got it from Chainsawr a two years ago before I knew the difference between Eager Beaver 2.0 and Mac 2014.

Carl.

Thank you sir for the reply. I have about 4 usable long blocks for any mini saw. Going to be awhile before i have to crack one open to replace rings and bearings.

Only good use for a mini is to tape surgical blades to the handle and leave it in the back of your truck while in a parking lot, I call that a teaching saw, teaching folks to keep their mitts out of my stuff.

Carl.

i just dumped a load of nos pistons, rings, cylinders, pull starts, oilers, fuel tanks, filters, carbs, drums, bearings, cranks, for the mm 110-130 etc. at zigmans:laugh:
second load in a month. damn glad to be rid of them. not worth the effort to box them and drive to the post office. you couldn't trust them to loose it for their life:jester:

You could make a huge collection of Mini-Mac variations on the cheap. I've counted up twenty four basic models and with variations of bar length etc. it would be like collecting American Flyer cabooses. Variations of them red devils number into the hundreds.

But, like the caboose, you only need one......................................................................

Ya know, as worthless as the little Mini Mac is if a feller were to hoard them and corner the market he might actually make some money with it. Who's going to volunteer as I have several to send and start your collection. Doing everything I can to help.

I have a funny story for you guys. The other day a buddy brought me a chainsaw in a case that somebody was putting on the curb for disposal as he drove by. He stopped and asked the man if he could have it he said, yes, get it out of here. So my buddy knows I am a chainsaw nut so he gives it to me. It was a super clean Power Mac 6, the same exact model my grandpa had and the first chainsaw I ever ran. I checked it out and found the recoil was messed up, the metal cup was broken loose from the plastic recoil. I JB welded the cup to the plastic, fixed the bar adjusting screw assembly( I robbed the parts from a 350 Shidaiwa). The funny part and some of you will say unbelievable part is that stone cold you can set the choke and it will start on the first pull every time. I can't believe it myself, at least once a day I walk by it in the garage, pick it up,set the choke, one pull and she starts and runs. I even bought a new chain for it in case I ever want to use it. Ok flame away!!!

Steve

I have a funny story for you guys. The other day a buddy brought me a chainsaw in a case that somebody was putting on the curb for disposal as he drove by. He stopped and asked the man if he could have it he said, yes, get it out of here. So my buddy knows I am a chainsaw nut so he gives it to me. It was a super clean Power Mac 6, the same exact model my grandpa had and the first chainsaw I ever ran. I checked it out and found the recoil was messed up, the metal cup was broken loose from the plastic recoil. I JB welded the cup to the plastic, fixed the bar adjusting screw assembly( I robbed the parts from a 350 Shidaiwa). The funny part and some of you will say unbelievable part is that stone cold you can set the choke and it will start on the first pull every time. I can't believe it myself, at least once a day I walk by it in the garage, pick it up,set the choke, one pull and she starts and runs. I even bought a new chain for it in case I ever want to use it. Ok flame away!!!

Steve

I have heard that the PM-6 is a far better saw than the MiniMacs, but I have nothing personally to back that up, other than being like you. A PM-6 was the very first saw I ran when I was about 10 or so.....As I remember it, I cut quite a lot of wood with it.

I would rather work on a MM than a homie 150 any day of the week:msp_scared:

That right there I would have to disagree with. Neither saw is a winner in the repair section but a 150 is a whole lot simpler

I have heard that the PM-6 is a far better saw than the MiniMacs, but I have nothing personally to back that up, other than being like you. A PM-6 was the very first saw I ran when I was about 10 or so.....As I remember it, I cut quite a lot of wood with it.

I dont know if its better but there is more pieces to the PM6 compared to the mini's

Back