Selling Black Walnut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxborotom

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
I have 3 Black Walnut trees in my backyard. We plan on doing major work there in the spring. I would like to sell the trees for lumber. They are each about 2' in diameter. Does anyone know of anyone is SE Pennsylvania who would purchase them. If I can't find a buyer, they may end up as firewood. Thanks for any help.. - Tom

Also, post up some pics of the trees. I know allot of us want to know how many feet until the first branch. Is the trunk straight...is there a good crotch somwhere up the trunk....

roxborotom said:
Hello,
I have 3 Black Walnut trees in my backyard. We plan on doing major work there in the spring. I would like to sell the trees for lumber. They are each about 2' in diameter. Does anyone know of anyone is SE Pennsylvania who would purchase them. If I can't find a buyer, they may end up as firewood. Thanks for any help.. - Tom
roxbottom I'm from SE PA also... how close are you to Philadelphia? I'd be willing to run over and look at them and tell you whether or not they are milling material or not. If you're interested, PM me with an address or phone number etc. and maybe we can meet up.

contact bob halpin, he's out of aston, or i would come knock them down for a reasonable price, then you could sell them off..i dont know many local buyers who would come out for 3 trees, u know, 25 now were talkin $$

Back