Send my muffler out for a mod?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTWoodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sorry, ANOTHER muffler mod question thread. I've dug through hundreds of posts on the subject and I think I really want to mod the muffler on my 361 but I am pretty much a hack job mechanicaly. Is there anyone on here that I can mail my muffler to and pay them to put a pipe or two out the side? I like that look better than the 3 holes in front job. Whats the going rate for that?
I'm also conerned about adjusting the carb after. Take to dealer? Use a tach? 14k give or take? How bout the idle? 3400ish?
:msp_confused:

look on you tube for hotsaws101 the guy name is jack he buids some really nice pipes i got one from him. he is also one of the best when it comes to building a saw motor

Sorry, ANOTHER muffler mod question thread. I've dug through hundreds of posts on the subject and I think I really want to mod the muffler on my 361 but I am pretty much a hack job mechanicaly. Is there anyone on here that I can mail my muffler to and pay them to put a pipe or two out the side? I like that look better than the 3 holes in front job. Whats the going rate for that?
I'm also conerned about adjusting the carb after. Take to dealer? Use a tach? 14k give or take? How bout the idle? 3400ish?
:msp_confused:

Look on this site and youtube...very easy..I did it..The carb part (removing limit switches) is the hardest..I removed mine on my ms290..

The saw is WAYYYY better now.

I have done a bunch of the 361 "Lakerized" muffler mods. I can do it for you, the only thing remaining is the fact that the carb will have to be adjusted afterwards. I cannot be responsible for that unless I have the saw to tune.

VT,
I'd say some of the best in the business are right here. A muffler mod isn't that hard, you'll probably get replies or PMs from guys that can do it. You can search the threads and see who has a shop and contact them too.
Good luck,
Rick

well rick im sure theres a lot of people on this board is good at muffler moddin. but the guy asked who could do a muffler mod for him and i just gave him a name of a person who i have delt with and who i think is good at what he builds.

I have done a bunch of the 361 "Lakerized" muffler mods. I can do it for you, the only thing remaining is the fact that the carb will have to be adjusted afterwards. I cannot be responsible for that unless I have the saw to tune.

Cool! I really enjoyed his(lakeside) thread and the looks of the muffler. I have a buddy who worked at a Stihl dealer for awhile but he never did any mods. He did take my caps off and tune it with a tach though.
I will pm you later for more details
Thank you guys for the responses!

Back