septic trust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
how much weight do you guys trust to drop or roll over a septic system, just curious. i have driven over the ends of fields before with my pickup. but i dont trust much more than that.

It depends on the system, mounds are real fragile. I'll drop some moderate stuff onto brush piles, but when I bid it would be for chunk and toss, or drop onto plywood and old tires. I would detail this so that my apples would be comprable to the Butcher Bros. oranges. (apples are almost ready to eat!)

As John Paul said, the drain fields are usually pretty soft. The tank itself should also be avoided. I know from experience (3X) that it costs about $400-$500 to replace a broken lid.
I carry ten sheets of 3/4 inch plywood (2'X 8') on each bucket truck for driving on lawns, etc.

I treat septic fields like I treat asphalt driveways when falling and lowering blocks. Too expensive to repair or replace. I like the idea of detailing the quote - excellent due diligence.

Back