sequim WA logging show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey all.. im pumped and ready for the logging show tomorow.. finally got my saws tuned today, half a truck load of mac parts loaded and waiting for Dean. climbing gear prepped and in my job box.. now my eagerness and nerves are working overtime.. my first competition.. and im going NUTS!
novice pole climb is 90ft.. my highest climb is 50ft so far.. my falling skills are a bit lacking.. so the targeted falling going to be a real challenge.. going in a no rules bucking competition with a bone stock Mcculloch SP125C against true hotsaws.. im going to give one hell of a fight though! thats all a man can do is give it his best and try for it! have fun and learn new stuff.
wish me luck Guys, i need all i can get!

With a Mac 125, I'm pretty sure, you should kick some a** out there. bring us back some pics if you can.

Would you,if you could ,take a few pictures .Now about the big Mac,I know for a fact,because I own several,that they will hold their own with about any stock saw,but I've never seen the results against souped up hotsaws.It should be interesting.Be safe,have fun. :)

I'm headed out the door literally right now headed for Sequim. I'll try and see what kinds of pics I can get. I've heard it's kinda hard to get a good view, bug we'll see. After that, I'm headed to the airport for a week long trip. So if I get pics, it'll be bit before I get them posted, but I will...

Jeff

just got home from the show.. bad news for you mac lovers.. got into my cut.. just got the entire thickness of the bar in the log and she STALLED! talk about feeling total shame.. i wasnt putting any pressure on the saw, power kept dropping bad.. carb now pronounced dead.. couldnt do the pole climb because i didnt have the right lanyard for it.. all i have is a telephone lineman lanyard from 1965.. and the targeted pole falling.. well i flat pussed out of that one.. no excuses about it.. i pussed out. next time i will have the *proper* climbing gear and be prepared like i should have been this time.
my friend stewart and i were ran the only stock saws in the 6cube and over class.. the 6 and under was cancelled this year.. also got to watch a true legend, Mr Rotax Robert with predator.. the most awesome thing i have ever seen. i had a BLAST even tho i made the worst showing of the saw competition. there wasnt one second i wasnt having fun. im ready for more shows and more fun! bring it on! didnt get ahold of fishhunt, but i met Dean and he now has my Husky to rebuild and a shop full of Mcculloch parts!

hey fishhunt, did you see my awesome performance in the bucking competition with the only Mcculloch SP125 at the show? and the stall out 3.5 inches into the cut that will haunt me for years to come? lol. even with that, my grin was unstoppable! i want more!

Hey Dedcow, it was great to meet you. I am looking forward to competing against you next year. Also the 6 cube and under class will be back next year. As for me the results werent as good as I would have liked. I was running a KD 3120 that was running way to fat and I chose not to tamper with the settings (not my saw) the times were 3.92 3.96 and mine was a 4.0

I did however take a first in Axe Throw and Unlimited hotsaw.

Rotax Robert

hey Robert, after watching that massive Predator saw of yours.. i just dont see how that thing can be beat! MAN that thing is scary to watch! next year your going to have some competition from me, well.. i hope to at least keep up somehow.. next time i will have a saw thats not a borrowed and very unmaintained wreck :) carb on that old SP125 has not been rebuilt in roughly 10 years and had half a tank of fuel that was suspected to be over the 6 month old mark. my friend Stewarts bone stock 084 did well for what it was, a stock saw with out of the box full skip chain (same as the 125 had) running bars way too long for a hotsaw contest! boy did i learn alot this show. really puts the world in perspective when a complete competition newbie like me gets around the real guys like you. i really do know nothing.

Dedcow, It was great to meet you. Also Robert it was great to meet you as well. I really enjoyed the Sequim show. I ended up fried like Sunday chicken but over all it was a ball. I did not go up to compete this time but just to meet people and to watch and learn. If all goes well I should have a 084 built for the Demming show in June. Hey dedcow did you pull that saw apart to see what was wrong with it yet?

Sorry dedcow, I got there about three, and showed up just before the two pros did the pole climb. Sorry I missed you in action man. I got some pics, but like I said in my above post, I'm traveling right now for the next week, so it'll be a while before I get the pics posted. I got some good ones. I left immediately afterward because I had to catch a flight out of SEATAC. I'll log in here when I can and check up on you guys and the goings-on here.

Jeff

Sorry I missed all of you guys. Would have like to made it.

But wife is deployed in support of Iraqi Freedom and I have all three little ones, 8,6,4 and I took them fishing to Jameson Lake in Ea Wa.

Hope to catch up with you all next year up there.

Hey, andyone do the Buckley Show???

If so I may meet up with some of you there.

Erik

Work that old Mac over,I'd like to see how a good running one fares in that type competition.

hey guys, it looks like i will be going to to the deming and longbranch shows to compete. trying to get sponsors for it.. have one lead with a logging company i just rebuilt a saw for. they should be impressed with my work :)
hoping to get all their stock saw work with that also. i can be hopeful and keep on having fun.

Gday Dedcow, ???? happens so they say but there's always another event.

Man i wish you luck as i would luv to compete but you guys are just to far away.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back