Serial Numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJLOGGER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was just wondering if saws were like cars. Can you look at the Serial Number on a saw and determine what year the saw was made? :monkey:

The date is not part of the number on stihls. If you give me the first 6 digits, I can tell you the rough date. PM me the entire serial number and I might be able to tell you more, but many saws over 10 years old weren't registered.

Last edited:
AJLOGGER said:
thanks computer, on stihls is the build date part of the number?
No, but on Husky, Jred and other former E-lux brands, it has been for a long time (year and week number).:D
However, the system has been changed several times, so in some cases it is possible to arrive at the wrong conclution. :(

stihl025 said:
Where do you find the serial number on a Husky?

Mine have a black plate with white letters near the gas cap, as I recall. With manu date.

Edit: Well, actually I can't remember where, but the plate is very obvious on mine.

Not on the orange Echo's but on the newer Grey ones have the build dates. Thats too bad nobody has the dates not even the Japan headquarters...Bob

Back