Service manual for Stihl 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 025 for my son. (I guess I am a bit of a traitor since i'm Swedish and I have former classmates working for Jonsered/Husqvarna). I do like the saw and I think it is a great starter saw for a young man that likes the smell of fresh wood. He got a Gränsfors splitting axe so he will be having fun this summer. :greenchainsaw:

I would however like to teach him how to work on the saw so it would be great if someone could help me getting the service manual.

Thanks in advance

Ulf

The "mediacat chain letter" thread was supposed to put a halt to this...

I will hook you up if needed, since you are not from around here.........

Hi All.

I too have just got myself a second hand Stihl 025 that is need of some attention. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a service/repair manual.

Cheers, Paul. :)

Stihl 025 service/repair manual

Seems to a popular thing to get a stihl 025 saw in need of some TLC. I just got one a few days ago that was all in pieces, the previous owner said it needed some carb work. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a service/repair manual for this.

Thanks. :)

Any chance you guys could PM me the service manual for the 025 saw?

I might be getting one off of Craigslist on the cheap!!!

I'm also in need of an 025 service manual and a parts manual if there is one out there , if someone would be so kind.

Thankyou Garry

And a good one at that .. My one lives in the car for cutting trees of the road as i am in the bush about 5 days a week .

Garry

Thankyou all for your pm's and the 025 service manual and a parts manual i have been sent .

I am now looking for the same for a Dolmar 116 but i will start a new post .

Thankyou Garry

New to site - not chainsaw

Hi,

I too have a 025 Stihl - I've had it for a couple of years, but had no problems until now - I'm assuming that something in the carb is clogged up. It starts with choke, but won't run much more than 10-20 seconds before it dies - if you open it up, it will run longer, but it won't idle.

Any hints - I was going to get a carb kit and take the carb apart, soak it and replace parts - anything simpler first?

I was also looking to find a copy of the service manual - I ran across the site and thought I'd join! If anyone can PM the service manual for the 025 to me, that would be great!

Thanks
Grant

Stihl 025 seized up

My 025 has been faithful for the past 3 years, but this past weekend decided to lock up according to the local dealer. I think this is the perfect excuse to get a new one, but was wondering what it would take to repair. The dealer says the cylinder is scored. it looks like you can pick up a used cylinder/piston in decent shape on e-bay for around $100. can anyone give any insight on this repair and also send a service manual to my e-mail address? Thanks.

Back