Service manual for Stihl 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also need some literature for a 025. My grandfather is too old to use it and it has sat for quite a while so I'm going to try and get it going.

Me too please. I have an in-op 025 that needs fixed or tossed, I'm tired of looking at sitting forlornly on the shelf. Thanks!!

Ms 025 (ms 250)

If the last two posters will PM me their Email addresses I will send the manual and IPL.

Nosmo

looking for a stihl 025 parts diagram

New to the forum and am looking for a parts diagram for my stihl 025- thanks for any help offered. Already have the user manual-

Parts list and service manual

hello folks,
:yourock: :chainsawguy:

Hello, would anyone be so kind as to provide me with the service manual and parts guide for the 025 at their leisure?

Thank you kindly in advance,

Rex

Question about a leak on my 025

Thanks to all for the parts list and service manual- still have a question though-

My stihl 025 chain oil is leaking = it comes out of a small hole on the left side of the muffler. It looks like there is supposed to be a screw or plug in that hole to adjust the oil flow to the chain. Does anyone know what that part is called? We can't seem to find it in the 025 manuals or parts diagrams-
thanks again!:greenchainsaw:

Hey Voo, I'll look at my 025 to see if I have a plug or screw where you are talking about.
I noticed in your signature you put 025x2 shouldn't you be able to tell from your other saw if thats supposed to be there:confused:

I'll reply back here shortly with what I find:chainsaw:

Ok,
I found what I believe you were talking about its on the left under the muffler, after you take the muffler off, you can see the port coming up at an angle. Correct?

If so, mine has (what looks to be) a plastic plug, with a round recessed head, so its not a screw. Inside the head it's stamped "14".

I could not find anything about it either, on the MS250 parts or service manual.
I am curious if maybe the 025 has a different "vent valve"? than the MS250?
Only because there are a few parts that are different on the newer model.

Honestly I have no idea.
Wish I could help more.:dizzy:

Good luck.

And thank you Nosmo, for the manuals. They are much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have that grey looking plug which somewhat resembles a grease zerk in that location on my MS250 too. I've asked about it on a couple sites and never have gotten an answer.

The oil tank vent plug is on the side with the chain and I have replaced this one before. If your 025 is leaking oil after you shut it down and store it try opening the oil filler cap and releasing the pressure and retighten the cap. That oil tank vent plug lets air in through the valve to the tank but does not let it escape back out.

Nosmo

Hey, this is a great site. I'd love to get a copy of the service manual and the IPL for the 025. I've abused this saw for 15 years, so I hate to not at least try to repair it.

Thanks,

Jack

Welcome Jack,

I will send it straight away, if you pm me your email address :greenchainsaw:

It is a great site.
:agree2:

Thanks,
Rex

Numbering System

Yes they are just about the same saws the new numbering system is the most noticable change.

Latest posts

Back