Setting cutting gap on Olathe 864 chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flubberboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know how wide to set the gap on an Olathe 864 chipper? The cutting teeth may have been sharpened several times without the previous owner setting the gap properly, I suspect.

I am rebuilding this machine and any help finding info for this chipper will be very appreciated.

Thank you.
Dennis

Olathe 864 chipper

I have the same machine and did alot of adjustment / mainenance to it . To set the gap between the teeth and blow bar you losen the main drum bearing block and use the adjusting screws to move the drum rearwards. The gap between the teeth and bar is very small, I moved the drum back and spun the drum by hand at the same time. Move the drum back on both sides until the teeth just touch the bar [ scraping sound ] and then move it forwards a little bit. Make sure the drum rotates all the way around- incase 1 tooth is higher than the others. Make sure you tighten the bolts that hold the drum securely. If you need any further help e-mail me at [email protected] I am looking to sell my machine if you know anybody looking for one.

Olathe 864

Pesimon: Is your Olathe 864 pallet grinder for sale? What type of business did you use it for?

Latest posts

Back