Settle this...Is my John Deere CS40 an Efco or a Homelite?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received a nice trail saw from a member here(Thanks Brian_NC!) tonight and I'd like to get a non-safety chain for it. Frankly, I've searched and there just isn't much info here or on the net on this model of saw. I'm pretty sure its an Efco because its clearly stamped "Made in Italy" on the side but I see references to a cs40 by homelite too that might not necessarily be a JD model(maybe earlier?) Mine is recent and I know Brian in Vermont has posted on a similar model before that was made in Italy but thats as far as I can find. Anyone know the comparable model in the Efco lineup? I'll post a pic too. Thanks for any help!

downsized_1027110015.jpg

If it says made in Italy its an Efco. I'm not sure what Efco it crosses over to. Recently Efco had a 3900 or something like that

I had that same saw and I had one of the junky Homelite JD's and they were clearly tagged. That is a nice little saw. I wish I still had it cause you don't see them very often. The Homelite was very forgetable.

Latest posts

Back