several neglected trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kievodog1

Reaction score
We recently purchased a property with several mature maples. Several of the trees have wounds where limbs fell. The wounds are upward facing and have not healed. They are filling with water and in some cases there is lots of loose rotted wood. The potatoe bugs and ants have taken over one wound. How can I repair these?

We recently purchased a property with several mature maples. Several of the trees have wounds where limbs fell. The wounds are upward facing and have not healed. They are filling with water and in some cases there is lots of loose rotted wood. The potatoe bugs and ants have taken over one wound. How can I repair these?

Welcome to ArboristSite.com. How's the foliage, the leaves ? Take some pictures. :camera: I think someone will Zap in here with some great ansewrs....Peace.

The wounds are upward facing and have not healed. They are filling with water and in some cases there is lots of loose rotted wood. The potatoe bugs and ants have taken over one wound. How can I repair these?

trim dead wood and scoop/flush out the rot

Best way to promote closure is to nourish the roots.

do not stress out about the bugs; they are harmless.

Latest posts

Back